This is a great soup recipe and feel free to add or delete any veggies that you may or may not have. It's called harvest soup but I also call it "clean out the refrigerator soup".
- 9 cups of water
- 2 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 4 peeled carrots & sliced into pennies
- 3 large stalks of celery (include the leaves)
- 1 big onion
- 2 peppers (any color will do)
- 2 packages of instant onion soup mix
- 1/2 pkg of sugar snap peas
- zucchini (1 or 2 sliced)
- 1 can of red kidney beans (drained & rinsed well)
- 1 small head green cabbage (sliced into thin strips)
- 2 potatoes
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. savory
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1 tsp. rosemary
- 1 large can of tomatoes which I puree in my blender
- Salt & pepper to taste (I use sea salt & fresh ground pepper)
Boil the water and add all of the ingredients and return to a 2nd boil. Cook on low for about 30 to 45 minutes. Taste to see if you like the seasonings and adjust if accordingly, if desired.
You can add about 2 tablespoons of dehydrated potato flakes to make it a bit thicker. This makes a huge amount. I freeze some of it. Served with home made bread it is a nice comfort meal. The house will smell just wonderful. Feel free to experiment with other seasonings, if you like. Hope you like & enjoy this.
Add your voice to the conversation.