Harvest Soup Recipes
Another concoction of mine because I just threw in what I had!
- 1 broccoli stalk (chopped, diced)
- 1/2 sweet potato (peeled and cubed)
- 1 small potato (cubed - I dont peel if it is a new potato)
- 1 ear of corn (kernels taken off, about 1 cup of corn)
- 1/4 cup green beans (if you have them)
- 5 cups veggie broth or water
- 1 tsp thyme (dried)
- 1 tsp parsley (dried)
- (1 tsp dill (dried)
- 1 tsp salt (if using water)
- 1 Tbsp. korean red flakes (kochu karu)*
- 1 cup soy milk or other non flavoured non-dairy milk
*These are not regular red pepper flakes. You can use Sambal or hot chili sauce, perhaps 1-2 tsp. if you don't have this stuff)
Throw everything in a pot except for soy milk and simmer for 30 minutes or until veggies are really tender. Add soy milk, then use one of those hand mixers to blend soup or put in food processor. I like to leave some chunks in there. The soup comes out a really neat orangy-ish colour with specs of different colours in there. Really cool!
Source: This is my own recipe.
By Lisa from Halifax, NS
2 More Recipes
Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these recipes. If you have made this recipe please submit a photo and let us know how it worked. Or, add your own recipe variation.
This is a great soup recipe and feel free to add or delete any veggies that you may or may not have. It's called harvest soup but I also call it "clean out the refrigerator soup".Read More...
End of season potato soup can be made even more tasty and hearty by the addition of additional veggies such as carrots or squash. This page contains harvest potato soup recipes.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.