Harvest Soup Recipes

Category Vegetable
Late summer and early fall are the perfect times to cook up a pot of delicious harvest soup, whether you have a home garden or not. This page contains harvest soup recipes.

Recipes

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these recipes. If you have made this recipe please submit a photo and let us know how it worked. Or, add your own recipe variation.

Another concoction of mine because I just threw in what I had!

Ingredients

*These are not regular red pepper flakes. You can use Sambal or hot chili sauce, perhaps 1-2 tsp. if you don't have this stuff)

Directions

Throw everything in a pot except for soy milk and simmer for 30 minutes or until veggies are really tender. Add soy milk, then use one of those hand mixers to blend soup or put in food processor. I like to leave some chunks in there. The soup comes out a really neat orangy-ish colour with specs of different colours in there. Really cool!

Source: This is my own recipe.

By Lisa from Halifax, NS

This is a great soup recipe and feel free to add or delete any veggies that you may or may not have. It's called harvest soup but I also call it "clean out the refrigerator soup".

Directions:

Boil the water and add all of the ingredients and return to a 2nd boil. Cook on low for about 30 to 45 minutes. Taste to see if you like the seasonings and adjust if accordingly, if desired.

You can add about 2 tablespoons of dehydrated potato flakes to make it a bit thicker. This makes a huge amount. I freeze some of it. Served with home made bread it is a nice comfort meal. The house will smell just wonderful. Feel free to experiment with other seasonings, if you like. Hope you like & enjoy this.

By Joesgirl

End of season potato soup can be made even more tasty and hearty by the addition of additional veggies such as carrots or squash. This page contains harvest potato soup recipes.

A bowl of a hearty potato soup made with many vegetables.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Food and Recipes Recipes Soups VegetableMarch 8, 2013
😷
🌻
📓
😎
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Harvest-Soup-Recipes.html