My Frugal Life - Outsmart The Prices

My Frugal LifeI am a 54 year old married lady who has chosen to be as frugal as I possibly can be. My dear hubby has retired in the last month, so this is even more important to me than ever, as money will be limited from here on in. I cook almost everything from scratch, which I love doing. I use all the "great" sites that are listed online. I am also trying to become a lot more involved in recycling. I have learned to buy in bulk, and to split things up at home and rebag things for the freezer. I throw almost nothing away and I take the time to always fine the best buys possible as in bulk is not always a savings. One has to become a "master" of the craft! Life is so fulfilling in knowing that one can outsmart the prices that people too busy are paying regularly. Watch and become aware. Best of luck to all...

Debbie from Crawfordsville, Indiana

Do you have a frugal story to share with the ThriftyFun community? Submit your essay here:

Great post! I am also 54 and my name is Debbie!! My hubby is 6 yrs older but won't be retiring any time soon. We have two young children to raise....yes, you read right! Here's something else, my hubby attended Wabash College in Crawfordsville!

I love a bargain and always try and find the best price out there! I love garage sales and thrift and dollar stores too!

Better Living Frugal Living My Frugal LifeJune 6, 2006
A pile of yellow tennis balls.
Saving Money on Tennis Balls
Piggy Bank Surrounded by Money
Adding Up the Savings of a Frugal Life
Putting Money in Change Purse
Living a Frugal Lifestyle
Freezing Milk
Freezing Milk