Clearing Land and Selling the Trees

I have approx. 9 acres of property in Alabama that I want to clear and sell the trees. How do I get started and who do I contact?

By mind of milli from Atlanta, GA

Best Answer

See if there is any logging/forestry companies local to you. Try checking in the yellow pages. They can usually give you the names of some that may be interested.

Put ad in papers what you want done then get several prices from them. Be sure to write a contract & get them to sign it. If you don't they can get your trees & not pay you, good luck.

My cousin has a logging man come look at their trees and they decided to wait a bit before selling to them. A few weeks when they returned the gate had been broken down and all their trees were gone. They stole them right out from under their noses so to speak. so be very careful about who you call and who you show your land to. Could not prove a thing...lost it all. Just an FYI! This was in the Houston TX area.

A man cutting down a tree.
Selling Trees on Your Land for Lumber
Home and Garden Gardening AdviceSeptember 18, 2009
Closeup of Gray Squirrel
Keeping Squirrels Out of Fruit Trees
Peach pits and fruit on white background.
Growing Peach Trees from Pits
Up close photo of a Mimosa tree.
Growing Mimosa Trees
Clearing Land
Land Clearing Tips