Selling Poplar Trees for Lumber

Category Trees
This is a guide about selling poplar trees for lumber. If you have poplar trees on your property that you are looking to sell, here is some helpful information about how to do that.

I have 32 acres of poplar trees, about 25 to 29 years old. Can I sell poplar trees? I'm in Timmins Ontario Canada. If yes, who buys them and for how much? I would really appreciate hearing from anyone who knows anything about it. Thanks

Answers

Best Answer

You won't get anywhere talking to tree removal services. You need to go to a local sawmill and take measurements of the trees and get an estimate of what they'll pay for the delivered trees. They will also tell you what legnth to cut the logs. They'll probably want to come out and see the trees before you have them cut and loaded and you have to hire people to cut and load the logs and rent a truck or trailer to haul the logs to the mill.

I did this with 30 Poplars and 6 Maples and made a little but it wasn't enough to brag about. I figured I ended up making about $3 per hour after all was said and done.

I have a large poplar tree that was struck by lightening yet is alive and doing well. I'd like to see if I can sell it.

By Paige

Answers

Best Answer

Unfortunately for you people don't "buy" trees. People will not come and cut down your tree and pay you. Cutting down trees has many expenses. Insurance, Labor, Equipment, Storage, Hauling, Fuel consumption. You will not find anyone who will cut one tree down and pay you...period.

I have 17+ poplar trees about 100ft high which desperately need to come down. Is there someone in the Charante area of France who would come along and fell trees to take away?

By BLB