Selling Wood for Crafts?

When you remove trees on you property you might wish to try and sell the lumber or rounds to crafters. There are a number of ways to do this, typically involving posting to an on-line site such as Craigslist, Etsy, Facebook Market, or even Nextdoor.com which could save shipping. More suggestions can be found below.

I have plenty of pinewood logs good for chairs or tables, etc. Any idea where to sell them for reasonable prices?
I just want to get rid of them.

Answers

Best Answer

Your local Facebook Marketplace or Craigs list will be the best places to sell full logs like pictured.

If you could get them cut up into thin slices, I see people buying those on eBay in boxed lots at $8-$10 FREE SHIPPING (which brings value down since seller pays shipping). The lots contain 20 pieces that are around 1/2 to 1 inch thick. The rounds vary in size.

I have no clue how they are making money on that if they are paying shipping because the rounds are too large for a small USPS box and the next size up costs more to mail than they are asking.

Best Answer

If you live in an area that has some traffic you might try placing some pieces in your yard with a for sale sign and maybe cheap prices posted (if you can legally do this in your area).
I've seen this done and it works but you will have people stopping and nosing around so be prepared for that.

Place ads on Craigslist, USA4Sale, etc with pictures and list as 'pick up only' and post an email address for information.
You can also offer them as 'barter' material - what have you got to trade me? even place this ad on Freecycle.

There is a lot of controversy about burning pine in an indoor stove or fireplace but some people still do burn it - so mention that also.

As to crafts - pine wood is very hard to sand evenly and you have to seal it and also top coat it and this is more difficult with pine than other woods.

Best Answer

Where I live people just place this out on the road and put a price on the pieces. I am not sure in your area. I would check with Craigslist in your area and offer them there for sale. You can also try to put up a few ads in your local market to see if anyone is interested in buying them. Make sure you indicate they are local pick up only and you do not deliver the wood to them.

Best Answer

Ive had ok luck selling on eBay I have driftwood and found a collector in Florida who wants them.

Things like the round ones have a market on Etsy or eBay

The logs, people around here leave them on top of a pickup at the grocery store, 200$ for the load full or some such. I suppose they do ok especially in the fall.

Consumer Advice General AdviceJuly 9, 2020
🐛
😷
📓
😎
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Selling-Wood-for-Crafts.html