Complimentary Colors for Hot Pink and Cream Kitchen

What colors will compliment a kitchen that already has hot pink counter tops, stove hood, and cabinets? The walls are cream.

By Kathleen from Detroit, MI

Wow! You're a woman who knows what she likes and isn't afraid to put it out there! Kudos to you.

The first color that came to mind was red. I think they're both hot colors. Cobalt blue was another one.

bottle green, not like a forest green, but one with more blue in it.

Purple, yes, this is another one I can see with your kitchen; royal purple, not lavender

I'd say red or purple. You sound like you can handle it! I would so love to see a photo of your kitchen; now and after you choose your color.

Actually, until I re-read your question, I thought you were looking for paint colors for your walls. But a buttery cream probably sets off your hot pink colors really well.

Please think about it! I hope you come to a decision and that you love it!

I'd love to use these bold bold colors, but I have a very conservative husband. I mean, he didn't even want terracotta in our kitchen, and he wanted the entire inside of the house painted white!

Softer greens might be nice.

Spring (yellowy) Green, Grey, Navy

Hot pink goes great with black. Don't overdo the black, but it's a great neutral color to "ground" any neon color. (Take it from someone who grew up in the 1990's, when EVERYTHING was neon + black!)

Might sound a little scary but I think a few a few! touches of acid green would look good. Just get some cheap bits and pieces or even borrow some vases utensils etc to see what you think first.

Good luck you bold soul!

You seem to be a lot like me. Turquoise is an excellent color to go with pink. I have black, white, and turquoise in my kitchen and living room. I have always loved the hot and bold colors of the 50's. I am an Elvis lover and collector so I have a lot of pink touches in Elvis items I have collected. I hope you post a pic for all of us to see.

I agree, turquoise and/or black. Very retro and can be very charming if the turquoise/black are not too dominating. You could do trim in one of the colours, and accents in the other.

I hope you post the finished results, that'd be a neat kitchen to see.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Room Color SchemesJune 5, 2010
Nursery with pink walls.
Decorating Rooms With Pink Colored Walls
Valentine's ice cream sandwiches.
Ice Cream Cake Hearts
Hot Cross Buns on Wood Board
Hot Cross Buns Recipes
Hot Tub
Cleaning a Hot Tub
🎄
🍂