Browsing: Making Laminate Floors Shine

Making My Laminated Flooring Shiny Again

I have a laminated flooring that was installed about 5 years ago. My problem is that when I clean the floor with the suggested cleaning liquid by the manufacturer, or now the new Clorox or Swifter cleaners that I have also tried, the floor retains a dull film that I can't remove back to my shiny floor. Has anyone else experienced this problem and found a remedy for it? Could it possibly be a hard water problem?

Ruth from Jackson, MI

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Try washing your floors with warm water and about a cup of vinegar (I use an ice cream pail 3/4 full of water and just pour some vinegar in). This is all my mom and I have ever used to wash floors and our floors both look great. My mom's lino. is 15 years old at least and although it is starting to wear at the seams it is still shiny.

I haven't tried it myself, but a co-worker said she adds vinegar (sorry, I don't know how much) to her water and that it eliminated the problem for her.

I use 1 cup vinegar per 1 gallon of water. But it has not taken away the dull look. Please someone help. My laminated floor is only a year old. I did not know I could not use oil soap.

Do you use white vinegar for the cleaning or the browner types of vinegar? Or does it make any difference what kind you use?

My floor film was so bad I was ready to replace the floor but I called Bruce's Floor Cleaner and they told me they don't tell it but the film can be removed with 1 cup water in a gallon of warm water Scrub with white damp cloth to remove film. The thing was I was using Bruce's floor cleaner (dry thoroughly) which was what I had to do to remove. Cleaned it 3 times but if you look under Bono Floor cleaner for a Laminate flooring you also will find they also sell a polish for a Laminate flooring. My opinion I don't believe we need to purchase a floor cleaner and just use the vinegar and water solution and the Bono polish. Best for you to Google and get your own opinions. I do know somewhere in here they are recommending vinegar and water for a cleaner. I will do more research before I do this but right now I am leaning toward doing that.

Shining Laminate Floor
Making Laminate Floors Shine
Home and Garden Cleaning FloorsJanuary 11, 2005
Cleaning Laminate Flooring, Red dry mop cleaning laminate floors
Cleaning Laminate Flooring
Shiny Pink Fabric
Making Fabric Less Shiny
Cleaning Tile Floors, Textured blue floor tile.
Cleaning Textured Flooring
Upclose picture of bamboo flooring.
Cleaning Bamboo Flooring
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 23, 2016 at 11:19:39 PM on 10.0.0.52 in 850 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.