Cheap Doll House Accessories

I am looking for free or cheap dollhouse furniture. I only need the kitchen and the bathroom. I also need little accessories. I would like a computer for my dollhouse, but could not find one. I got the dollhouse for Christmas and would love to accessorize it.

Tiffany from Fort Collins, CO

Best Answer

Hi there! This is probably too late for you if this was a Christmas gift, but I just got back from vacation in Florida. While there, I visited a DOLLAR store, or 2 or 3 kinds with different names, but same idea, looking for inexpensive decorations. At least two of them had dollhouse furniture. The furnishings were either wood or painted to look like, and were packaged 2 or 3 to a package. I thought at the time that someone who was furnishing a doll house would love to see them, they were nice furniture items. Hope this helps. Happy New Year!

Best Answer

I made a fairy doll house completely from scratch, starting with two large wooden crates.

I made all of the furniture and decor accessories by hand using popsicle sticks, little wooden dowels, cardboard and a glue gun.

Fabric remnants or lace to make curtains, bedspreads, throw rugs or a top for a canopy bed.

Beads and baubles to make legs for chairs and tables. Glue beads together to make wall hangings, picture frames, adorable lamps with a base, little pebbles and beads glued together to make a bathtub or a path on the outside patio.

Wallpaper samples to cover the inside walls or cut to make borders in each room.

Dried flowers tucked inside a 1 inch glasss bead make a perfect table or floor vase.

Glue popsicle sticks together to make cute little tables, chairs and stairs, then paint them with paint or nail polish.

If you put your mind into miniature mode and making everything by hand, you will open up an entire world of endless possibilities.

Start looking around your house for anything and everything. You will get so excited and ideas will come to you so fast you wont be able to keep up,,so it did with me anyway.

My boyfriend saw what I was doing and he was so tickled, he started helping me. We made some of the most beautiful, dazzling furniture and deco pieces we could have sold them. It cost us near to nothing to make everything, especially using a large box of popsicle sticks. My Fairy House is a Masterpiece!

Ebay sells dollhouse furniture for very low prices if you dont want to make them by hand. Maybe you can use some of these ideas for the items you cant buy.

Best of luck:)

Best Answer

Here are 2 items you can make from household items: 1) The white cap from a Scope Mouthwash bottle makes a perfect WASTE BASKET; scruntch up bits of paper to fill it up an place it in corner or next to desk. 2) Paint a used thread spool and an old round compact mirror on top to make an end table to place next to chair. I'm ground zero when it comes to minis so I hope this helps you. Oh, yes...watch for used computer mouse pads that look like oriental rugs with fringe...they make great additions to your dollhouse! regards!

Do a search for "printable dollhouse furniture" and you'll get lots of hits. Here's one to get you started (I saw kitchen cabinets on this site):

http://members.  /miniprintables/

I have some things that I bought at Hobby Lobby for my sister to put on her son's birthday cake..anyway she never used them...so if you would like to know what I have you can email me.

ucmelaffn @ aol . com

(take out spaces)

There are quite a few books out there (and probably web sites too!) that show how to make doll furniture out of household objects and recycled containers. We've found quite a bit at dollar stores, but it is hit and miss. What size are you looking for?

You might also want to look at plastic canvas directions for Barbie-sized furniture. I made a few things for my daughter and it wasn't too time intensive. There are quite a few free patterns on the web:

http://www.hgtv  _1375727,00.html

http://groups.m  e/dollhouse.msnw

http://groups.m  olls.msnw?Page=1

http://www.dollcrafts.com/

http://members.  erns/bedroom.jpg

If you have a yahoo email address go to www.freecycle.org and sign up for a group in your area they are all over the country then you can post a want for what you need and may just get it for free. I got my daughter and american girl doll for Christmas for free and they retail at $100.00. GOOD LUCK

Tiffany, some of the larger craft stores should have sales this time of the year on dollhouse furniture. Also try http://www.mini  .net/smallstuff.

They have a great archive for how-to ideas and a wonderful mailing list, free where you'll get lots of help.

shedrivesz,

We'd love to see a picture of your fairy house. Do you have a picture?

Susan from ThriftyFun

jim's dolhouse pages has printable computer and office supplies in all scales for free. www.printmini.com

I cut out a picture of a tv from a JCpenny xmas catalog or even from a sunday flyer such as best buy and glued it to a Jello box. Free and useful for barbies etc.

Jim's dollhouse printables have a computer in any scale you need.

Does any one know how to make American girl doll furniture and clothes from household items? Please tell me!

I love barbies, thanks for all the helpful tips! Kiarra

I have been trying the same thing so I know how hard it can be.I found a website that has some ideas, they even have toilet, sink, and bathtub. Here is the website if your interested. www.familyfun.com I hope this helps you very much.

It's too bad a person can't find inexpensive doll house furniture anymore. When I was a kid and even in the late 60s-early 70s stores like Woolworths had cheap plastic doll house furniture.

Woolworths! The thought of it made me want to cry! I used to love that store....sigh.

Anonymous

You can print a computer from free printable miniatures. Just fold and glue and you have a very realistic laptop.

Toys r us is a great place for that