Burnt Insulated Cookie Sheet

I've read through the solutions for removing burned food from stainless cookware, but I have burned apple pie juice on an insulated cookie sheet, which cannot be soaked. Any suggestions, besides throwing it out?

Dee from St. Paul, MN

I've soaked a thick cloth (old bath cloth) in whatever I'm using to clean with (usually dishwasher detergent and water) and laid it over the area and tilted it into the sink so water doesn't run all over the place. I let it soak over night and most of the time it comes right off. Sometimes I have to re-wet the cloth and soak longer but not usually.

Sprinkle baking soda on it like cleanser and scrub with a sponge. Baking soda reacts with the carbon in a burnt spot.

try a 50/50 solution of cream of tartar and white vinegar. i read it somewhere on the net and have been using it like crazy on my pans with old crud on them. they look fabulous. mix it in a custard cup and spread on (use your fingers). let sit for a little bit then scrub with your scrubber of choice. neat trick!

Borax is great for cleaning stuff. Make a paste with your favorite cleaner and scrub. Or try soaking it in the bathtub.

Have you tried the Dawn power disolver spray? I love that stuff! It makes my cookie sheets look like new.

I've done the same as Glenn'sMom above, I use an old washcloth or hand towel, soak it in water and lay it over the burnt area. It will loosen.

I've also put water in the pan and put it back in the oven, the water gets hot as does the pan which makes it easier to remove the burned goop. This works great for stovetop pans as well.

I use spray on oven cleaner when my cookie sheets & baking pans start looking bad. I just spray on & let it sit over night.

This is a trick that my grandmother showed me. Anytime you have food stuck on or baked on a pot or pan, you fill the pot or pan with tap water as hot as you can get it, then place a drier sheet in the pot or pan, and let it sit overnight. The drier sheet will "magically" loosen any baked on food. I have tried it, and it works wonderfully.

Trick from dear old Mom: Plug kitchen sink & run tap water as hot as possible. Put pan in sink and sprinkle thoroughly w/ powdered dishwashing soap, then let soak overnight. In AM burnt stuff should slide right off. ( Oftrn not necessary to even soak overnite). Rinse and clean as usual -- might need a scrubby sponge (safe abrasive looping) or the plastic edge of common handled kitchen scrubber that holds soap to scrape a few last remnants, or run it under the ,very hot water again, sprinkle with dishwashing powder (or similar such as Barkeeper's Friend & repeat. Any remnants should slide right off!

When something has burned on a cookie sheet OR even on the oven bottom.....shake some salt on it....This causes the juices to burn to a so it can be removed easily.

Burnt Cookie Sheet
Cleaning Burnt Cookie Sheets
Home and Garden Cleaning DishesOctober 8, 2008
Burnt Food
Removing Burnt Food Smell from House
Sheet Cake
Sheet Cake Recipes
Fixing Burnt Sausage
Fixing Burnt Sausage
Insulated Drinking Glass
Using Insulated Drinking Glasses
🎄