Padding for Walker Hand Grips

I am temporarily having to use a walker and wanted to cushion the hand grips. I took a couple strips of foam tubing used to wrap pipes and covered them with socks that have the rubber/vinyl grips on the bottom. I wrapped the hand rest of my walker with them and tightened plastic pull ties on each end for security. They work great as cushions. When the socks get dirty, I cut the plastic strips and put on a clean pair of socks! (I tried using the foam tubing without the socks but it rubbed off on my hands turning them black).

Source: The source is my own idea because my hands were getting sore from the weight I am having to put on the walker.

By Linda from Arlington, Texas

Sounds like you figured out a solution for your need. That's great. I love it when we are able to work things out. There are so many things out there we can use instead of running to the store and purchasing it. I like the tennis balls on the bottom to help the walker to glide on the smooth floors. I see that application all the time. Someone must have thought of it and passed it on to others. Keep using your head to come up with great ideas like you did.

Walker Grips
Adding Padding to Walker Grips
Health & Beauty AdviceFebruary 27, 2008
Carpet
Uses for Carpet Padding
Storing Sugar
Storing Sugar
Bed Rail Padding
Bed Rail Padding Ideas
Vinyl Chair
Drying Padding Inside Vinyl Covered Chairs
🎉
🎄