DecorRecycled Crafts

Repurposing an Old Walker

I have a free walker someone left in our donation station. If I ever need it, it will be easy to "disassemble" and use in about 3 minutes.

Total Time: 30 minutes

Link: None

1. I took the Velcro straps from the basket and retied them to the top of the walker with the fabric strips. Then I evenly placed the wooden slats on the lower ledge.
  2. I had two outdoor light fixture covers and inverted them making places for me to put my faux flowers. Then I put them in the basket.
  3. Ad

4. Now it's just a matter of choosing the flowers, (weighed down with rocks), decorations, and planters. N-JOY!!

This is so neat! It is great that the original purpose was not removed and can be used as proposed if necessary.

Thanks for the suggestion - I really like your way of "thinking".
Betty

Thanks Betty. Sadly I will have to take all my pretties in from the balcony and pretty much my apt. They are renovating it so they are moving us out, putting us up in a hotel and feeding us, then moving us back in. I am sure I will love the new stuff but gosh this is going to be hard on some of us even more than me.

I hope all goes well with the renovating and I feel sure you will have everything looking like "home" again soon.

Update: They purchased two complexes at the same time. The other one has a tighter deadline to redo so ours has been put on the back burner. We are all hoping they wait to start ours till the spring. But we don't hold out much of that hope.

If you spray paint it a vivid color it would be beautiful with real plants like Swedish Ivy or any vine like plants like philodendron or any Ivyor even a few spider plants
Cathy from ma