Adding Padding to Walker Grips

Putting some padding on the grips of a walker can help to make using it more comfortable. This is a page about adding padding to walker grips.

I am temporarily having to use a walker and wanted to cushion the hand grips. I took a couple strips of foam tubing used to wrap pipes and covered them with socks that have the rubber/vinyl grips on the bottom. I wrapped the hand rest of my walker with them and tightened plastic pull ties on each end for security. They work great as cushions. When the socks get dirty, I cut the plastic strips and put on a clean pair of socks! (I tried using the foam tubing without the socks but it rubbed off on my hands turning them black).

Source: The source is my own idea because my hands were getting sore from the weight I am having to put on the walker.

By Linda from Arlington, Texas

Health & Beauty AdviceJuly 15, 2013
📓
😷
😎
🌻
🐛
Generated 2020-07-31 20:05:07 in 857 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf14890297.tip.html