Browsing: Pink Stains in Sinks and Bathtubs

Pink Stains on Sink

We have well water and it seems to have a high iron content. All around my sinks there are pink stains. Does anyone know what will remove them? So far Lime-Away hasn't worked.

Camille from Vass, NC

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

To get totally rid of the pink stains around sinks and tubs use OXI CLEAN. It really works.

Sue :-) - Chatham, Ontario, Canada

We also have well water with lots of iron in it. The only thing I have found that even touches it it a product called ZUD. It comes in a conatiner like Comet cleanser but it works much better on those iron stains. Just dampen the area, sprinkle the ZUD generously and let sit for a few minutes then scrub it all off with a cloth and rinse it away.

Rhonda

If you are looking for a good commercial product the Works brand works really well for me on stubborn toilet, sink and tub stains, especially iron.

Cheryl

Here is my collection of tips to remove rust. We have high iron content in our well water. Despite our water conditioner, a certain amount gets through. There are different kinds of rust stains, so not all solutions will work on all rust stains.

The best products I have tried are Zud, Iron Out (powdered form) and Whink. I've also had good luck with a product named Zap. Most of these can be found at Walmart or other discount stores that sell cleaners.

Rust Stain Removers: Products to Buy: ZUD, Zap, Iron Out, The Works, Whink, RED-B-GONE , Barkeeper's Friend

Use tooth paste on an old toothbrush to rub them off. Use the paste type, not the gel type.

1. A can of Coke soaked overnight will remove rust stains in showers, toilets and sinks.

2. Take an old towel, and put it over the stain, and soak it with hydrogen peroxide, and let it sit overnight. When you pick up the towel, the stain will be gone.

3. Lay a paper towel down on the tub, sink, etc. and then soak it with vinegar and leave it for about an hour.

4. To get rust stains out of sinks and around drains, use NAVAL Jelly, which can be found in the automotive section.

5. Pour a pile of table salt on top of the rust spot and then squeeze lemon juice over it. Let this pile of salty lemon juice sit for several hours, overnight or longer. This will draw the stain out and you can actually see the rust in the pile of salt.

Lynn - West of Eugene, Oregon USA

Try a product called White-Ox Well Water Rust Remover. It quickly and easily removes rust stains. No scrubbing!

Crystals or Fast Acting Liquid. Go to http://www.white-ox.com

I have this pink stain as a ring around the top of my water line in my toilet bowl. I have tried bleach tank drop ins with no success. Is there an effective tank drop in for these stains? I don't like those kind that hang on the side of the bowl and i don't like scrubbing those stains away every day either!

We also have a well with high iron and I use Iron Out about once a month and soak the shower heads, faucet screens, and about 1/4 cup in the tank of each toilet. All rust stains are gone within a couple hours. For weekly cleaning, I use the works and a magic eraser.

sink
Pink Stains in Sinks and Bathtubs
Home and Garden Cleaning StainsSeptember 29, 2000
Antique Brass Sink
Cleaning a Brushed Antique Brass Sink
Removing rust stains from a sink.
Removing Rust Stains from a Sink
Stainless Steel Sink
Removing Rust from a Stainless Steel Sink
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 25, 2016 at 4:22:14 AM on 10.0.0.156 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.