Shining Stainless Steel

I saw a post asking about a cleaner for stainless steel. I would love to have all stainless in my house because it is the easiest to clean. I got spoiled working in restaurants where all the counters are stainless and the walk-ins etc. All you really need to do to clean them is use a linen towel and get it wet with hot water (as hot as you can stand it), wring it out then fill a spray bottle with hot hot water and add a little bleach. Spray and wipe, then use a dry linen cloth to pick up any left over moisture. This is how you will get that shine.

By Nettie from Dartmouth, MA

Bleach fumes are highly toxic and very bad for your lungs. You can get the same results if you use peroxide in place of bleach.

November 3, 2010 Flag

Over the winter our stainless steel grill got tarnished. I tried a stainless steel cleaner I found in the store, but it only lightened it a little. Does anyone have any information on how to get it shining again. Please help if you can. Thanks so much.

By Rose Ann from Wilkes Barre, PA

Answers:

Shining Stainless Steel

Try "Barkeeppers Friend" dry with a damp "Scotch" scrubber and rub. Keeps my stainless steel shiny. (07/13/2010)

By nineleven47

Shining Stainless Steel

I use white vinegar to polish my stainless steel. I use it on pots, pans, sink, garbage can, and silverware.

I also use it to remove grease from anything and everything. It also keeps bugs away. My dishes all shine like new. Inside of the microwave cleans easily with vinegar. It takes care of smelly drains. It removes gunk from the sink drain which is out of reach. It makes cleaning a refrigerator very easy.

Baking soda, added to the white vinegar, is a combination which will clean, deodorize, sanitize and take care of almost everything. (08/10/2010)

By clynnaltemus

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

March 9, 2010 Flag

Tips for shining stainless steel. Post your ideas.

Answers:

Shining Stainless Steel

Use club soda in a spritzer bottle to shine stainless steel.

By Tonya (03/25/2005)

By ThriftyFun

Shining Stainless Steal

Rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle works well for me, but no smoking when you are using it. Works well on glass and mirrors too and is incredibly cheap.

CJ in Dallas (03/25/2005)

By cjgeo

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Cleaning MetalNovember 3, 2010
paint can with red paint
Painting Stainless Steel
A badly burned stainless steel pan
Cleaning Stainless Steel Cookware
Stainless Steel Cookware
Switching to Stainless Steel Cookware
Cleaning a stainless steel dishwasher.
Cleaning Fingerprints Off Stainless Steel
🎉
🎄