Cabbit (American Shorthair)

contest winner icon

Cabbit is an 8 year old solid white American Shorthair cat. In April 2001, I found him on the side of the road where there were no other cats or houses around. He looked to be about 3 or 4 weeks old (very small.)

I brought him home and he nursed a momma cat who had just gave birth to only one kitten. She took Cabbit in as her own. I kept him and he has been the best cat ever.

He fetches! He carries around a stretchy rubber frog and stares at you until you throw it for him. When he's tired of fetching he hides the frog under a doormat or furniture. He doesn't meow, instead he makes a chirping sound like "aaah aaah".

By ambimoss from Georgia, USA

What a beautiful and dignified cat this is!

Robyn

Aawwww -- he looks like our Lizzie. We got her 7 years ago. My husband works as warranty administrator at a car dealership. One day someone pulled up the service drive, and after they turned off the engine, there was a terrible sound from under the hood. That was little Liz! She was just a wee little kitten. She survived the drive with some singed whiskers (tips of her ears looked a little singed, too). Got her checked at the vet's that same day, and she was okay.

I'm thinking that rough ride did something to her. She's kind of nervous and she's not the brightest bulb. But she's a good cuddler, and a pretty kitty.

He is one of the prettiest cats I think I've ever seen; next to my Ramsey of course. He's so "stately" looking. I'd enlarge that picture if it were me and have it hanging in a very prominent place in my house. Thank you for rescuing him and for sharing with us.

Cabbit is a very handsome boy! I love the pose.

Grandma Jan & Kato the Wonder Dog

Cabbit is beautiful! I thought at first that it was a statue!

Thanks for sharing him with us and God bless you.

OMG, I would have thought you were my daughter writing about her deceased cat she found coming back from the fireworks on July 4, 10 yr ago; same personality, same tricks, same everything. See if Cabbit answers to Libby...maybe it is another one of his nine lives.Enjoy him, as we did Libby.

American Shorthair
American Shorthair Breed Information and Photos
Photos Pets CatsJuly 4, 2009
Exotic Shorthair Kitten
Exotic Shorthair - Breed Information and Photos
German Shorthair Pointer
German Shorthair Pointer Breed Information and Photos
British Shorthair
British Shorthair - Breed Information and Photos
American Girl Doll With White Hat, Braids and Sweater
Saving Money on an American Girl Doll
🎉
🎄