Domestic Shorthair Cat Information and Photos

The domestic shorthair is not an actual breed, but rather a mixed breed cat with short sleek hair. Due to its mixed ancestry their behavioral characteristics are difficult to predict. This is a page about domestic shorthair cat information and photos.

83 Domestic Shorthair Cat Photos

Share Your PhotoCheck out these Domestic Shorthair Cat Photos shared by the ThriftyFun community!.

Isis is just over one year old Domestic Shorthair cat. We got her from a farm in the next county. I picked her because she is almost identical to my dog Lily.

Isis (Domestic Shorthair)

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 18

Gidget is a 3 year old Domestic Short Hair cat. Gidget was an abandoned kitten that I rescued when she was only 8 weeks old. She was dumped along our road along with another kitten. They stayed together until the other kitten ventured off.

Gidget (Domestic Short Hair)

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 22

Harry is a 4 year old Domestic Short Hair Cat. I was boarding Harry and his brother Bert for my nephew. Nephew's dog didn't like Bert - tried to kill him. I refused to give the cats back to him. He was happy about it.

Harry (Domestic Short Hair)

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 33

Tinka was the last kitten in the litter. She had a heart murmur and nobody wanted her. We took her home with us in 2003 and we love her to bits.

Cat in box.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 20

Tigger is a 2 year old domestic cat. My Tigger was born on August 5, 2009. He was born under my bed and was the loudest kitten I have ever heard in my life!

An orange cat sleeping in a crib.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 13

Nemo is an 8 year old domestic shorthair. We got Nemo when he was a kitten in 2002. He sleeps a lot, but sometimes he gets playful. He likes to sleep with my sister and I (mostly with me) at night.

Nemo Domestic Shorthair

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 19

I just had to laugh while exercising and I turned around and saw Annie sitting on our couch with her leg up. Maybe she was trying to do exercises too?

Annie Exercising???

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 16

A co-worker found him after he was kicked across a room and thrown out a window. She knew my wife and I rescued cats so she brought him to us. We helped him heal, mostly with love and patience because he has PTSD.

tan tabby

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 14

My son and his cat are practically inseparable and I'm always taking pictures of them. This morning my son woke up and Tigger immediately got in the bed to snuggle. The sun was hitting them just right and I couldn't resist taking this picture!

A boy lying with his orange cat, Tigger.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 13

This is Bella, my 6 year old kitty. I went to a local shelter and she was about 2 months old, a tiny little thing (hard to believe I know, lol). She was found at about 6 weeks old alone in a park.

Bella (Domestic Shorthair)

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 12

China Girl is a 16 year old Domestic short hair cat. I obtained China Girl 14 years ago as a rescue. Her former owner was moving and unable to take her. China Girl was suppose to be put to sleep the day I got her.

China Girl (Domestic Shorthair)

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 14

Shiloh is a 13 year old domestic short hair. I foster cats and kittens from the Wisconsin Humane Society. Thirteen years ago I fostered Shiloh and his siblings.

Closeup Shiloh the Cat

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 8

Rambo chose us. He was a tiny stray working his charm and waltzing in and out of 3 homes on our block. We couldn't really take in anymore pets at the time so we all hid from each other the fact that each of us had been secretly feeding him and bringing him in the house to sleep.

Rambo, gray tabby coloration, kitty in the grass

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 11

Belle is our year old short hair domesticated cat. We adopted her from the animal shelter in our town. She will chase anything that moves, eat bugs, and hiss at my husband.

Belle (Domestic Short Hair)

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 9
Load More
Pets Cats Cat BreedsJune 27, 2013
🎃
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Domestic-Shorthair-Cat-Information-and-Photos.html