Domestic Shorthair Cat Information and Photos

Category Cat Breeds
The domestic shorthair is not an actual breed, but rather a mixed breed cat with short sleek hair. Due to its mixed ancestry their behavioral characteristics are difficult to predict. This is a guide about domestic shorthair cat information and photos.

Domestic Shorthair Cat Photos

Share Your PhotoCheck out these Domestic Shorthair Cat Photos shared by the ThriftyFun community!.

Gidget is a 3 year old Domestic Short Hair cat. Gidget was an abandoned kitten that I rescued when she was only 8 weeks old. She was dumped along our road along with another kitten. They stayed together until the other kitten ventured off.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 22

Harry is a 4 year old Domestic Short Hair Cat. I was boarding Harry and his brother Bert for my nephew. Nephew's dog didn't like Bert - tried to kill him. I refused to give the cats back to him. He was happy about it.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 33

Tinka was the last kitten in the litter. She had a heart murmur and nobody wanted her. We took her home with us in 2003 and we love her to bits.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 20

Nemo is an 8 year old domestic shorthair. We got Nemo when he was a kitten in 2002. He sleeps a lot, but sometimes he gets playful. He likes to sleep with my sister and I (mostly with me) at night.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 19

Tigger is a 2 year old domestic cat. My Tigger was born on August 5, 2009. He was born under my bed and was the loudest kitten I have ever heard in my life!

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 12

Isis is just over one year old Domestic Shorthair cat. We got her from a farm in the next county. I picked her because she is almost identical to my dog Lily.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 18

I just had to laugh while exercising and I turned around and saw Annie sitting on our couch with her leg up. Maybe she was trying to do exercises too?

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 16

A co-worker found him after he was kicked across a room and thrown out a window. She knew my wife and I rescued cats so she brought him to us. We helped him heal, mostly with love and patience because he has PTSD.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 14

My son and his cat are practically inseparable and I'm always taking pictures of them. This morning my son woke up and Tigger immediately got in the bed to snuggle. The sun was hitting them just right and I couldn't resist taking this picture!

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 13

This is Bella, my 6 year old kitty. I went to a local shelter and she was about 2 months old, a tiny little thing (hard to believe I know, lol). She was found at about 6 weeks old alone in a park.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 12

China Girl is a 16 year old Domestic short hair cat. I obtained China Girl 14 years ago as a rescue. Her former owner was moving and unable to take her. China Girl was suppose to be put to sleep the day I got her.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 14

Shiloh is a 13 year old domestic short hair. I foster cats and kittens from the Wisconsin Humane Society. Thirteen years ago I fostered Shiloh and his siblings.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 8

Rambo chose us. He was a tiny stray working his charm and waltzing in and out of 3 homes on our block. We couldn't really take in anymore pets at the time so we all hid from each other the fact that each of us had been secretly feeding him and bringing him in the house to sleep.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 11

Belle is our year old short hair domesticated cat. We adopted her from the animal shelter in our town. She will chase anything that moves, eat bugs, and hiss at my husband.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 9

Cat Cat is 8 in human years and a Domestic Short Hair. He was part of the family I live with. He likes to explore the great outdoors. He also loves water and playing in the tub after I have taken a shower.

Comment Like this photo? 9

Local barn cat that was looking for work...

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 11

PNut and Tommy are 1 year and 5 months old domestic shorthairs, respectively. We rescued both of these, and they have grown to love one another.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 11

Briquette (Brie) is a Four month old Domestic Shorthair. I fostered her and her siblings from the Wisconsin Humane Society. They were feral and she was the pick of the litter.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 9

Peppermint Patty is 5 years young. She is a domestic short hair, black and white, beauty and full of the devil. I saw her on the internet at a local rescue in Smyrna, DE.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 11

Salem is 4-5 months old. He is a Domestic Short Hair. Salem came to live with us at the end of September. We rescued him from the side of the road! He loves chasing his tail and anything else that moves!

Comment Like this photo? 10

Calico Mo is a 8 year old short hair cat. In 2003 I was living in a mobile home, I noticed that every morning and afternoon the mama cats would come out from under my house and then go back and allow her babies (Mo's mom had 6 ) to come out.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 10

Bud is 12 yrs old. He is a domestic shorthair. My son found him after he crawled from under a persons car getting gas where he worked. I Brought a cat home in a Bud Lt box, hence the name BUD.

Comment Like this photo? 10
Load More