Domestic Longhair Breed Information and Photos

Category Cat Breeds
The domestic longhair is technically not a breed recognized by many cat associations. These mixed breed cats, can be found in many colors and temperaments. This is a page about domestic long hair breed information and photos.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this page.

Amelia is 10 years old. She is a Domestic Long Hair Kitty. I rescued Amelia from the Humane Society 5 months ago. She has only recently found how to play and loves to chase my foot when it is under covers. I have introduced her to lots of toys but she doesn't understand what to do with them yet. We will get there though.

For the first 9 years of Amelia's life, she was abused. She spent the last year of her life in a cage at the Humane Society refusing to let anyone get near her. Her constant means of communicating was hissing and growling. She was such an unhappy girl that it broke my heart and I just had to bring her home with me. She now has a brother and sister, Toby and Bonnie, who are 9 year old siblings I have had since birth. Amelia isn't thrilled with them but alas Bonnie has learned to ignore her and Toby has fallen head over heels in love with her.

I have written more details and show more pictures which I would love to share it with you. Please consider adopting an older cat. They are so grateful and add so much to your life. See more pictures and Amelia's story here:

Thank you for letting me share Amelia with you.

By Lynn from Toronto, Ontario

Comment Like this photo? 26

Bailey is 8 years old and a domestic long haired cat. Bailey and his sister were given to me 8 years ago. Bailey prefers to be a loner. He has 11 other cats to interact with but prefers to go off by himself.

By Sharon from Tofield, AB Canada

Bailey (Domestic Longhair)

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 21

This is Sissy, I am unsure of her age, she was a stray, but the vet says she was pretty old. She passed away last Monday, November 8, 2010. She was a Long Haired Domestic.

Sissy (Long Haired Domestic)

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 21

Here is my screen saver. Her mama showed up at our door, pregnant and hungry. The rest is history!

My Screen Saver

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 10

Fuzzy is a 1 year old long hair domestic cat. Her mom showed up pregnant at our door a year ago! She likes to climb, onto the roof, trees, cars, curtains, the cupboard, anywhere!

She is my only "baby" now and great company

Gray and white long hair cat.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 10

Fluffy is a 12 year old long hair domestic cat. She arrived at my daughter's back door, only a few weeks old as a tiny ball of black fur.

Fluffy (Long Hair Domestic)

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 12

She seems to think that sitting on the ornaments will help them get onto the tree.

Fuzzy Helping Trim the Tree

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 11

We took three kittens from a friend, who couldn't take care of them, and this kitten was just adopted to a new home a few days ago. She is doing wonderfully. The other two were also adopted the previous day.

Minnie (Long Hair Mixed Breed) - long hair black and white cat

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 6

Lilly Lulu is a 2 year old Domestic Long Hair. We got our beautiful Lilly when a girl posted her for free on Craigslist. This young lady was off to college and could not care for her anymore.

Lilly Lulu, Orange Cat, Sitting Garden

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 11

Fuzzy Wuzzy is a 10 month old domestic longhair. Fuzzy's mom showed up at my door, very pregnant, last year on Labor Day. She gave birth to 5 kittens (including Fuzzy) and I found good homes for 4 of them and kept both Fuzzy and her mom- Little Orphan Annie.

Kitten in hanging potted plant.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 10

Hoku is a 9 year old longhair cat. Hoku is a very special friend and came to comfort me after my previous kitty had passed. I love watching him play with his other housemates, 6 cats and 3 dogs.

Hoku the Cat in Paper Bag

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 9

Pita is a 1 1/2 year old long hair cat. This crazy kitty hitched a ride home with us via the spare tire under our van from the grocery store 20 miles away. This was in November 2010, and Pita was about 12 weeks old at the time.

Pita (Longhair Cat), a grey and white cat on a couch.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 11

My little cat Fuzzy always knows when I am packing to go somewhere and I end up finding her nestled in one of my bags. It looks like she wants to join me!

Can I come?

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 8

Her stray mom (little Orphan Annie) showed up at our door, starving and pregnant one day.

cute gray and white kitten next to Jack O' Lantern

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 16

Fuzzy was 3 weeks old in the photo, but 11 1/2 months now! She is a domestic long hair cat. Fuzzy was born this time last year after her mom showed up at our door.

A gray and white kitten sitting on a chair with a painted path behind.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 9
Load More

Pets Cats Cat BreedsJune 18, 2013
🌻
🐛
😎
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Domestic-Long-Hair-Breed-Information-and-Photos.html