Tabby Breed Information and Photos

Category Cat Breeds
These common domestic cats are full of personality and can help control rodents around the house. This guide contains tabby breed information and photos.

On Friday, January 8th at about 5:10 pm, Cornelius took his leave. He was very sick and not having any fun, so I chose to think about him rather than keep him with me, I wanted to more than you know.

Who knew that cats and dogs could get human diseases? He had epilepsy and diabetes. They didn't leave him alone and the cure was more than I had. So watching him go from a big old' boy to 7 lbs. was more than I could bear.

It was scheduled for Tuesday at 5pm, but I found a clinic that was 1/3 the cost so I had a reprieve of a little over 3 days from one appointment to the last one, so I got to spend some quiet time with him. On Friday, the clinic had a nice room where we were alone for about 30 minutes.

We snuggled on the couch and then he was sedated. He was my little stoned buddy for about 15 minutes. When she came in for the end, I made sure from her that he could not see me or hear me leave, then said "I love you buddy" and chose to leave him in her care for the final shot. They were lovely ladies and I get him back today. I have a pretty tin with spring flowers on it all ready, and I am going to keep some of him in a small little bottle.

I know he wasn't a person so there is no comparison. But, I have not yet cried. The dam will no doubt break at some point, but I keep stoic so I can take care of business and reflect on why he had to leave so soon. I donated all his things to the folks in my park. I made this frame and am posting some of his last photos. Some are sad as he was very weak and ready to go.

He gave me 5 years of the best CatPanionship there was. He was always ready to curl up for a great photo op, got in my way when I needed to work, head booped me to mark me as his own, and was the best snuggle buddy at night. No matter how bad a day was, it ended with his chin on my hand.

But, soon he will move into that wonderful place where Cujo and Buddy, Quill and Kizzy, Salsha and Judy, Sabastian and Boo Boo, and all the critters I have loved and shared and said goodbye to reside. He will have great company.

But, for now he will also be my last. Many believe I should never let the loss outweigh the love. And they are probably right.

I just know that I will keep that funny face as a reminder that I could never find another like him so I am not going to try.

Sandi/PBP

Source: N/A

Link: N/A

This is a guide contains tabby cat photos. The distinctive coloration of the tabby cat is made up of stripes, dots, lines, or swirls, generally accompanied by a mark resembling an M on their forehead. This coat pattern is found on many domestic cats.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

Diana was nineteen years old when she finally spent her ninth life. She was a striped tabby. I got her from a friend when we were both in the sixth grade! Diana and I were together through middle school, high school, college, and my entering the workforce. She heard a lot of stories and was the best secret-keeper.

Diana's favorite thing to do was purr. I'm not kidding. Her little motor ran at all times. Her other favorite hobby was throwing up hairballs which wasn't quite as enchanting. Diana's feet looked like little mittens since she had extra toes on each paw! Her distinctive tracks would even show up in the carpet!

By countessj from Anchorage, AK

Diana (Striped Tabby)

Comment Like this photo? 13

Dex is 3 months old, he's just a regular lil Kitten. I looked up free kittens on KSL and went to save him from Crazy House.

He likes to chase crepe paper and attack anything that moves, including humans. Cats don't generally go on walks, but the second night we had him, he followed us on foot all the way to a park and played on the playground with us then followed us all the way home.

By MissFishxx from Springville, UT

Black and white cat

Comment Like this photo? 13

Chop-Chop is 2 years old. He is a Tabby Cat. A pregnant stray cat arrived at our house and gave birth to Chop-Chop we now have him and his mum and they love each other.

Chop-Chop is a hunter, he likes to hunt mice, lizards and birds if he's quick enough. He's TC top cat around here. He loves cuddles and kisses and sleeping all day when its hot.

By Jo from Granada, Spain

Chop-Chop (Tabby Cat)

Comment Like this photo? 16

Millie is 1 year and 2 months old. I'm not sure what kind of cat she is, but she's just crazy. She was given to my fiance and I in April 2010 by one of my mom's co-workers. She found her on her property, skinny and starving, when she was about two months old. Now she's fat and happy, and so lovable.

Millie spends most of her time lounging in the sun in the window sill. She has a bad habit of waking us up at night, usually at about 4 am, by chewing at and pulling our eyebrow hairs and licking our faces. Weird, right? But it's hard to get mad at her for it, because she purrs the entire time, and then falls asleep right on top of us.

She also likes to disrupt what ever I may be doing on the computer by climbing on the keyboard and falling asleep. Basically where ever I am, and what ever I'm doing, she has to be in the middle of it. She is our lovable little weirdo! =^..^=

By Jennifer

In a little tent.

Comment Like this photo? 20

Zelda is an American shorthair tabby with gray, black and white strips. I adopted her from a rescue shelter (King Street Cats) six years ago, and she has has been through a lot with me.

She loves to play every night with her cat dancer toy. Her favorite game is to run through her tunnel and chase it and hide. She also loves to hunt for greenie treats and eat them.

Zelda is my best friend. She has been with me through a lot of pain and turmoil, and good times. We have moved a lot; even lived in Florida and moved back to Virginia. She is the only stable one in my life. She is a very special, lovable and affectionate cat.

By Melanie Constance M.

Comment Like this photo? 17

I have fostered him thru our Humane Society since he was about 8 days old. He loves to play with jingle balls and chase the laser light. He has since been neutered and adopted by a very loving home.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 17

Bobby is a 7 1/2 year old brown Tabby. My granddaughter brought him to me when he was 16 months old.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 19

Emma is a 9 weeks old. After our cat Zoey passed away about 1 1/2 yeas ago it took me some time before I was ready to get another pet, but my 5 year old really wanted to have a new kitten.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 20

These are two little kittens were born to a stray mom that my neighbor took in and now cares for.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 19

This is my daughter's feisty and independent cat, Jub Jub.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 13

Bobby is a 7 year old brown tabby born in January 2005. My granddaughter called, and knew someone who was moving, and couldn't take him with her. I didn't want another cat, because 3 years earlier, my other 2 cats had passed away 7 weeks apart.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 9

My daughter and I got Smokey from a friend who had adopted a stray cat, only to find out it was a soon-to-be-momma stray cat!

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 9

Our dog passed away and we were moving into a new house. We decided that we needed a little company, so we found a shelter house near by and adopted him.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 2

Shassy is a 16 month old Heinz 57 cat. We got him from an ad in the paper. He terrorizes my dogs, especially my little guy. Shassy adapted perfectly into our lives. He's my "door sitter" whenever I let the dogs out.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 9

Juicy is a 2 year old mixed breed. Someone left her in my yard as a small kitten 2 years ago. Juicy will chase anything that moves and loves to run and jump into my piles of newly raked leaves.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 13

I rescued Shaka from a drainage ditch on the side of the road. I heard a car pull up in front of my friend's home. The passenger threw a carton into the deep drainage ditches we have on our road. In the carton were 5 baby kittens. Four of the kittens were very sick. The kittens were three weeks old.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 10

This is Leaf. Leaf is 8 years old. He is just an ordinary tabby cat. My cat Tailer had Leaf. Leaf likes to swing from my Halloween decorations I put in a tree and sleep. Leaf is very sweet and loving. If you give him temptations cat treats you'll have a friend for life.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 13

Missy Moo is 18 months old. She is a gray Tabby with lovely soft fur. I got her from the RSPCA (a rescue Organization like your ASPCA) as a companion for my mum. Mum lives with me now and finds it hard to show emotion, so I thought she could give love to Missy Moo.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 13

This is a photo of Bamboo's first Halloween.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 9

We adopted our cat, Squirrel, nearly 2 years ago after someone chased her out from under a car using a power washer and damaged her eye.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 9

Muffin is three months old. She was a gift. Muffin loved to climb up my daughter's pant leg. Actually, Muffin seemed to love the camera.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 10

Sparky (Silver Tabby) Photo. Our silver tabby, Sparky, is huge, weighing in at 18 pounds at a little over one year in age. He was a foundling, literally left on our doorstep during a huge thunderstorm. . .

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 1

Poole is a 5 1/2 year old Domestic or American Shorthair. He followed me home and wouldn't leave! He loves sushi, and likes to drag one of his ropes around the house. He also likes to be involved whenever my husband and I are working on something.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 6

Kelly is 11 years old. She loves to play, take cat naps, and go out on the deck to smell the fresh air.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 15

Sweet Pea is a 2 year old Tabby (Midget). She was born a runt in one of our litters. She likes to snuggle. She is everything her name stands for, very sweet!

Comment Like this photo? 8

Trooper is 5 month old grey tabby cat. I adopted him through a local agency in July. Trooper loves to have conversations with you.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 9

Little Guy is a 9 year old tabby. He likes to chase anything that moves. Little Guy really wants to get to Tweety Bird. I wonder if he just wants to be friends.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 9

Bootsie is a 6 year old Tabby but I think sometimes she a dog! She belong to a neighbor. Her momma was called Spaz crazy right. I got her about 6 years a go, she was so playful, still is. She likes chasing my friends puppy and just about anything she can get into.

Comment Like this photo? 12

He was found at a Christian church in the bushes dying. The mommy had been run over on Thanksgiving day. He was starving, blind from infection, completely limp, and practically frozen. He could hardly breathe. He was nursed back to health and now you would never think anything bad had ever happened.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 7

She was born under my house. When a "him"icane was hitting, MommaCat was in a panic to save her drowning kittens. I went out and grabbed the kittens out of the puddle that was fast turning into a lake in our yard. MommaCat followed me into the house where we dried the kittens and placed them on the floor beside her.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 8

I got my pet from a rescue home and when we where looking at the pets we saw a cute tabby kitten. When she saw us she ran to her cage and looked at us and started purring and mewling. She was adorable :) sooooo we got her! When we got home she sniffed everything even my dog and then they became best buddies :) It was soooo cute.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 12

This is my kitty, Pepper, resting after playing with my great niece's mega bouncer. I think she likes it just as much as my great niece. I can never catch her when she goes like crazy through the legs.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 11

I got her home on 7 January, 2011. She likes playing with a thread and cuddling.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 7
Load More