Long Haired Tabby Photos

Category Cats
Orange long haired tabby.
Since tabby is actually a color designation rather than a breed of cat, you will find many cats with this lovely striped and whorl pattern. This is a guide containing long haired tabby photos.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

Desi is a 9 month old long hair tabby. Our old 20 year old cat had recently passed away, several months later, we found a man that was giving kittens away. We decided to get one from him (Reno). About a week later we decided to call him again to get the sibling. He told me he had already given them away, but the momma cat needed a home because he couldn't afford any cats. I couldn't say no to that request and we got the mom too.

A couple of weeks later, we noticed momma cat was getting fatter and fatter and fatter, we thought maybe she was gaining weight because she finally had a sure meal, three times a day, every day. Four months after we got momma cat (Ginger), she gave birth to 3 beautiful kittens: Chevy, Desi, and Kaya (2 boys, 1 girl). At that point, we realized that momma cat was not fat because she finally had a home!

In any case, we placed Chevy and Kaya in a good home (they both live together) and I kept my sweet Desi. At home we now have Reno (the first one we got), Ginger (momma cat), and my sweet Desi; the biggest cat I have seen, huge paws, huge body, huge heart, he's the sweetest hairy baby I have ever met. He's adorable!

Desi likes to eat, sleep, eat, sleep, eat, sleep, eat, etc. He loves to sleep in our comfortable, desk chair belly up, on the carpet against a wall (also belly up). or right in the middle of my bed (he things he's the king). It's really funny to watch him. He likes to play with his older sibling, Reno. They chase each other and wrestle. He is very curious, he loves jumping on top of the refrigerator to watch everything and everyone around him without being noticed. He also likes to chase flying bugs. Did I mention he loves to eat and sleep?

I love my hairy, fluffy, sweet Desi. In this image, he's asleep in our desk chair belly up. I took the picture from the side of the chair, he looks like a baby.

By sterlingsilver from Forney, Texas

Comment Like this photo? 20

Josie is an 8 year old American long haired. I got her on my birthday, June 2nd eight years ago. I was on my way to Wal-Mart to buy groceries. There were 2 young girls outside the entrance giving away kittens. They asked me if I was interested as one of the girls was holding him.

I had to stop because he looked so little, I had to question his age. She said he was 6 weeks old, but he had no teeth and when he meowed, you heard no sound. I felt so bad thinking how he would wind up, so I took him home and bottle fed him until he was able to eat hard food. Most likely he was about 3 weeks old when I got him.

He likes to play fetch. He loves to fall asleep draped over the banister, the back of a couch/chair or snuggling with his daddy. He loves when I clean the house (which is often) and follows me from room to room. We probably get along so well because I love to clean and he loves to be in a very clean house. Josie is a very loveable and loyal cat!

By Jill

Orange tabby cat.

Comment Like this photo? 16

Isabelle is 3 years old. She is a long haired tabby cat. We got our cat when her stray mother got into our house, and had kittens in my husband's closet.

Isabelle loves to go outside, and roll in the grass.

isabelleingrass.jpg

By Leah H.

Comment Like this photo? 1

LeiLu will be three in April and is a long haired tabby. I got her from a customer at my old job. She would find stray cats and take them in and then find then good homes. She found LeiLu when she was 4 months old. She was in the dumpster behind McDonald's with her momma and sister. She likes to play and sleep and terrorize the house. She also likes to get into places she's not supposed to! LeiLu is my pride and joy. I love her as I would any child. She has brought me joy these past two and half years, and I'm sure she will bring me more. Along with my other lil girl, LeiLu is is expecting her first litter soon and I am very proud and excited for her.

LeiLu

Comment Like this photo? 1