Vinegar For Odors After Cooking Fish

After frying fish or something that leaves a lingering odor in the house. Put out several bowls with about a 1/2 cup white vinegar, particularly in the kitchen, for several hours or overnight. The odor will disappear.

By Pam Rose

My mom used to do this but used ammonia when she served fish or pizza (my dad hated the smell of pizza!). She would set a teacup of ammonia in the middle of the table to deodorize the area. Beware though, if you have small children! When I was young I crawled up and saw the teacup of "water" and drank some!!! I'm sure my mom stopped using that after that happened!

Curious if just one bowl of ammonia or lemon will take the fish smell away in the whole house which is a four bedroom, two floored home. Everything is permeated by the smell of fish for a week. I am sick of fish smell and will NEVER cook fried halibut in MY house again! It's embarrasing when my friends come over and my home stinks. Even my clothes in closets stink like fish. I cannot wash everything for they are already washed and hung up. Thanks alot fish! HELP!

Thanks for this info, I am sick of the fish smell, and all kinds of frying smell makes me sick and breathless for a while.

Also I found , to remove fish smell from vessels and glasses or plates, few drops of of bleach in the water and wash the vessels plates in it - clorex or similar- then wash in dish washer or with detergent

Cooking Fish
Cooking Fish
Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsNovember 9, 2004
vinegar and baking soda
Uses for Vinegar
killing weeds
Planting After Killing Weeds With Vinegar
Odors from cooking food.
Removing Cooking Odors From Your Home
Vinegar Bottle
Removing Vinegar Smell from Carpet
🎄