Making Steamed Fish Packets
Silver Post Medal for All Time! 293 Posts
January 30, 2015
Do you want an easy, almost no prep dinner? Do you want something healthy, yet still actually tastes good? This begins with an inexpensive frozen tilapia filet. After adding a few simple ingredients, simply wrap it up and let it steam away in your oven.
All my children loved this, even my mother who hates fish loved this. This is definitely going to be a regular at my house from now on. Please try it, I think you'll like it!:)
Total Time: About 3 minutes prep, 45 minutes in the oven.
Yield: 1 serving
Source: This was inspired by a grilling recipe I saw once, also a meal hubby and I used to get at a very expensive restaurant.
- 1 pre-wrapped, frozen tilapia filet....found in your grocers freezer section (usually sold in a larger bag with multiple filets)
- 1 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 1/8 cup Italian dressing, a bit more if you like
- 3/4 cup Frozen California blend mixed veggies
- Place your frozen fish filet atop a large square of foil, about 9x9 inches.
- Place your pat of butter or margarine atop your fish, followed by your frozen veggies.
- Pour your dressing over all. Wrap everything up nice and snug in your foil. Crimp top and sides securely so as not to lose any wonderful juices.
- Place your packet on a cookie sheet and bake in a 400 degree F oven for 45 minutes.
- You may place multiple packets on the same cookie sheet, just make sure they are sitting side by side, not on top of each other.
- Carefully unwrap your packet, place on plate and eat right out of the foil. Yummy!
Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 158 Feedbacks
January 30, 20150 found this helpful
Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 169 Posts
February 1, 20150 found this helpful
My kind of cooking! I love it!
February 3, 20150 found this helpful
Read More Comments
February 4, 20150 found this helpful
I like healthy food like this!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2023 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.