Use Baking Soda for Coffee and Tea Cups

I keep a saucer with baking soda in it by my kitchen sink. That way, when I have a cup which is stained, I can get rid of those stains right away with no fuss or bother. I wet my fingers, dip my fingers in the baking soda, and then rub them on the inside of the cup where the stains are. In a flash the stains are gone!

Source: I learned this habit from my mother and so I have the added bonus of remembering her every time I use the baking soda.

By Bellevillelady from Belleville, Ontario, Canada

I keep baking soda in a cheese shaker I got at the Dollar store at my kitchen sink. I use the soda to wash fruits or veggies, or my hands if the soap needs a boost. I even sprinkle some in my dishpan to make the water softer if I am doing dishes by hand. I like the idea of quickly removing tea stains from cups!

I started keeping baking soda in a jar from minced onion. It has the shaker holes or the larger hole to shake more out. Recycle the spice or herb jars for cornstarch for gravies etc. They work great!

What a great and simple ideas! I'm going to use it, and I'll think, of you! gracie

Thank you, that's a great tip!

Thank You! Great and Natural tip!

If you have one of those magic erasers, they work great on stained coffee cups, too. Just wet a corner of the sponge and rub lightly and the stains come right off. I use the generic brand erasers. Just as good as Mr. Clean brand, IMO.

dirty coffee cup
Cleaning Discolored Coffee Cups
Home and Garden Cleaning DishesApril 27, 2009
Reusing Keurig K-Cups
Reusing Keurig K-Cups
Coffe Maker
Cleaning a Drip Coffee Maker
tea cup
Cleaning Teapots and Tea Cups
Tea Cup and Saucer on White Background
Crafts Using Tea Cups and Saucers
🎉
🎄