Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Cleaning a Sharp Carousel Convection Oven

I have a Sharp Carousel Convection/Microwave oven and I love it except for cleaning it. The inside of it is metal. I guess stainless steel. It doesn't say in my manual how to clean this. Food has spattered and it looks filthy. I have used the Magic Eraser and everything else I can think of. Also, the glass plate in it is made of a material unlike the usual microwave, kind of like a pizza pan. I can't get it clean either. Can I use oven cleaner on the inside of this oven or does anyone have any other ideas? Thanks so much!

JoAnn from Knoxville, TN

By

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By JoAnn Chitwood [4]02/06/2009

Thank you to all of you! I'll try all the tips and if they don't work I'll just learn to live with it. I know it's clean but it just doesn't look it. I'll try putting the plate inside in the dishwasher. Thanks again!

By Grandma J [46]02/05/2009

EASY--Fill a large microwaveable bowl, put 1-2 TB vinegar and fill with water. Microwave for 4-5 minutes. Let sit there till cool. If it does not come off with a swipe of a dishrag, do it again.
For regular clean up, I use the Lysol Basin, Tub, Tile spray can too. THEN wash it out afterwards with a mixture of vinegar--Vinegar is a disinfectant. If you want, sprinkle a little baking soda on the spots that don't come out, then add 1 tsp vinegar to the baking soda. Does its own boil job.
I have never had a stain, burnt on food in the microwave that can't come out.
The micro tray--I can pop that in my diswasher. My new microwave is the only one I have had since 1975 that has a tray to come out and wash. The rest all have been 'corning' type lining of the microwave. Easy to clean.
ALSO don't forget the top part of the microwave, that plastic comes out, slides rather, and clean that too.
OH!!! Before starting the extra cleaning, UNPLUG IT.

By Susan M. [7]02/05/2009

JoAnn,

I've had two of these and neither one has ever looked clean on the inside even though I have used everything possible to clean it. Don't use oven cleaner on it as you will ruin the stainless interior. I've just learned to live with it, knowing that it's clean even if it doesn't look spotless. Come to think of it, the only thing I've not used is steel wool; maybe you could try that. I do love the ovens, though. The temperature sensor/switch is the weak link, and my husband has had to repair/replace this several times.

Hope this helps.

Susan in Omaha

By (Guest Post)02/05/2009

Heat a large glass tumbler with lemon juice added to the water until water has boiled.Remove glass(taking care as the glass & contents will be extremely hot,you may need to wear gloves to protect your skin)& wipe out with a clean damp cloth.The Condensation will have loosened any food spatters, & make clean up simple. Repeat the process if your oven is not clean on the first attempt.