Repurposing a Kitchen Sink

I just replaced my kitchen sink. It was a double sink and I was trying to think of ways to use it. I don't want to have to run lines to use it as a sink, but would like to use it somehow. All ideas appreciated.

By ruayne from Climax, NC

I saw an idea where they took the old sink from the 50's and built a potting bench around it. Was pretty cute but cannot remember where I saw it now.

You can install it outside to use for cleaning fish or veggies & for others to clean up before going inside the house, good luck.

Face the sink with wood (thanks Laniegirl) and use the sink as an herb garden or fragrance garden spot (fragrance. Think rosemary, lavender, that sort of thing. Mint is great but it takes over, or use the whole sink for mint and contain it)

You could donate it to your local Habitat for Humanity group and they could re-use it.

You can use it at big parties for keeping your beverages cold and on ice. Place it on a stand made of something like concrete blocks or plastic milk crates, etc. anything with holes for drainage. Place the whole thing in a grassy area so when the ice melts, the water just drains out and waters the yard!

God Bless, Sheila in Springfield, IL

I hope I can give you some ideas for using your sink. A few years ago I saw a large enamel kitchen sink just sitting on top of someone's garbage. My mind was racing with ideas as I placed it in my trunk and I couldn't wait to get home. Those ideas went up in smoke when I took the sink out & placed in in the driveway. I hadn't noticed the bump under the sink for the drain which meant it couldn't sit flat! I was stumpe, I didn't know what to do with it. Until the day I saw the solution standing beside some garbage bags. It was a topless table! It was slightly taller than a regular kitchen table with beautifully turned legs. The opening where the top had been was about 30 inches by 18 inches. I tossed it into my trunk & raced home. I dug out the old sink & dropped it right into the table - it fit perfectly! (The lip around the top of the sink keeps it from falling through the hole.) In winter I use it as a birdfeeding station. I lay screening on the bottom of the sink and pour seeds on top. The great thing is that I don't worry about throwing out soggy seeds anymore because rain and melting snow flow nicely down the drain! I also screwed hooks to the table for hanging buckets and other things. In the summer it sits next to the outside tap and there I use it as a potting station. I love it! Good luck with your sink!

Better Living Green Living ReusingSeptember 4, 2009
Copper Kitchen Sink
Considering a Copper Kitchen Sink
Removing rust stains from a sink.
Removing Rust Stains from a Sink
Stainless Steel Sink
Removing Rust from a Stainless Steel Sink
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink