Homemade Moisturizers

I would like a recipe for homemade moisturizers. Thank you.

This is a great site for homemade recipes! www.pioneerthinking.com/lotions.html Hope it helps!

If you are talking about hand lotion, I have just the thing. When I was in OK, at a family reunion, one of the women there was handing out hand lotion that she made. She gave me the recipe and I have been making it ever since. Go to the Dollar Store and buy 1 large bottle of hand lotion ( I buy baby lotion for the smell), 1 bottle of Vitamin E lotion and one small container of Vaseline. You mix all three together til mixed well and place in containers. It isn't greasy because you aren't using alot of vaseline but works great. My mom askes for this every Xmas and gets a years supply. For three dollars you have lotion to last a long time. I hope this helps.

try this site http://recipes.herbalsoapsbyrj.com/recipes/category.php?CID=6

Goat Milk Lotion.

1/8 tsp. borax

1/4 cup cold goat's milk

1/2 cup coconut oil.

1 Tbsp. beeswax

1/2 cup Aloe Vera gel

**1 tsp. Vitamin E oil.

Bring borax and milk to scalding. Remove from heat. Melt coconut oil and beeswax together and slowly add to the borax/milk mix using a whisk. Add Vitamin E oil and cool to room temperature. Add aloe vera to the cooled lotion and whisk well one final time.

Basic Body Balm

30% beeswax (white or natural)

20% butter of your choice

50% liquid oil/oils of your choice

a few drops of Vitamin E oil

essential oils or fragrance oils of your choice

Melt ingredients together. Cool slightly before scenting to your preference.

Pour into deodorant containers or 2 oz jars

3 oz. cocoa butter

2 oz. mango butter

2 oz. shea butter

2 drops of ROE (rosemary oil extract to prevent rancidity of butters and oil)

1 oz. coconut oil

1/2 tsp. or more (depending on your preference) of fragrance oil or essential oil. DO NOT use any citrus essential oil, as they are phototoxic when worn in the sun!!!! Phototoxicity causes skin damage!

Directions: Melt the mango and shea butters, stir in the ROE, coconut oil, and FO/EO, then pour immediately into a SANITIZED container. Do not lid the container until the body butter is completely cool and hardened...otherwise, condensation will form.

Shea butter is an excellent ingredient in this recipe, as it has proven skin-healing properties.

Sore dry skin

&frac; cup of apricot or almond oil

1/3 cup of coconut oil or cocoa butter

1 teaspoon lanolin

&frac; oz of grated beeswax

Melt these ingredients over low heat. Cool to room temperature. While these ingredients

cool, mix together:

2/3 cup of rosewater

1/3 cup of aloe vera gel

1-2 drops of rose oil

The contents of 1 vitamin E capsule

Add these ingredients to the first mixture. Whip together until their consistency

resembles buttercream frosting. Store in a covered jar.

Peppermint Lotion

Relieves itching.

1/2 cup water

1/2 cup rubbing alcohol

3-4 drops peppermint oil

Oil of eucalyputs or cade can be used in place of peppermint, if you prefer. Pour the water and alcohol into a bottle, then add the oil. Cap and shake well. Apply to your skin with a clean cloth.

hope this helps

Hi Chris,

Your recipe for a hand lotion sounds quite easy to make. Could you possibly list the quantity of each ingredient?

uhm.were can i buy a CHEAP ingredients? thank you

i need some help finding a quick and easy moisturizer...

Looking for a recipe for homemade moisturizers that may help the dry cracked skin caused by psoriasis..

any suggestions? Please e-mail me at houseoftin AT aol.com Thank You!!!

I know this isn't homemade, but go to the body shop and buy either there passion fruit body butter or blueberry. It is amazing and I never had a better product.

Hi, I am looking for natural homemade moisturizers & butters & cream recipes. I've been looking up on google for recipes. Is that the place I should be?

Between google, and yahoo I don't know which is best. What do you think is best for looking up recipes? I've been told dogpile is a good site to go on too. But I tried it once lready, it was okay.

P.S. If you know or have some good websites, let me know

Thank you so very much

Jar of hand cream with flowers and woman's hands applying cream in the background.
Homemade Hand Cream Recipes
Crafts Bath & BeautyJanuary 23, 2005
Photo of homemade orange jello.
Homemade Jello (Gelatin) Recipes
Homemade Moisturizer in a jar near a fern leaf
Homemade Moisturizer Recipes
Chex Mix
Homemade Chex Mix Recipes
hand lotion
Cleaning Lotion Stains on Leather Couch