Use Hairspray For Wasps

We had a wasp flying around our house last night, it scared me, and no matter what we couldn't get close enough to swat it with the fly swatter to kill it. This morning, it got close enough to us that my husband asked for my hairspray. My hair spray? Yes!

He sprayed it a few times, it acted real sluggish and tried to fly around more. He must have sprayed it 5 or 6 times, and then it fell, yes fell, down on the chair and he hit it. It was not able to move much at all, thus making it easy to kill it. Hair spray will slow it down, somehow, and then you can wallop the bugger. Kill the thing. Just thought i would share this. If you hate wasps and bees as much as i do, this might help you also.

By jamish from Tribune, KS

I have sprayed bugs that got into the house with the Foaming Bubbles bathroom cleaner. It's a thick white foam. Immobilizes the bug and you can just pick it up with a paper towel and toss.

The hairspray coats the bug and makes it impossible for them to fly.

Thank you for this tip, I've certainly had my fill of them the last few days! :)

I think just about any spray would work, but then I'm not an expert. I just hate wasps!

The cheap stuff works the best -- Aquanet. I wouldn't use my expensive stuff on wasps!

Louel was right ~ it coats their wings/body & stiffens them so they can't fly. When they're "frozen", you can kill the little suckers and rest easy. I've been using inexpensive strong-old aerosol hairspray (from the dollar store) to immobilize all flying insects (flies, bees, moths, mosquitoes, etc.) for years. It's much cheaper & I fell a lot safer using that than those nasty (toxic?) bug sprays.

June 11, 2011 Flag

When you have bees, houseflies, or anything that flies, spray them with strong hold hairspray. They can't fly because their wings freeze and get stiff. Then, just kill them.

By Joyce from Decaturville, TN

Try not to ever kill bees. They are pollenators and we depend on them more that most people know. If one gets into your house try to capture it under a glass. Then slip paper between the glass and the wall and go outside with it. Let the bee go. They do not want to sting you. They know they will die. As far as killing anything that flies, why? Houseflies carry germs but most flying things just want to get back outside and continue their lives.

Thank you Lilac. Well said, and I agree 100%.

Pookarina

Home and Garden Pest Control Bees & WaspsAugust 9, 2010
young man using hairspray in front of mirror
Cleaning Hairspray Off Bathroom Surfaces
Wasp on Vespiary
Getting Rid of Wasps
hair spray
Uses for Hairspray
A wasp's nest in the corner of a roof.
Keeping Wasps Away From Your Home
🎉
🎄