Bees & WaspsPest Control

Homemade Wasp Solution

contest winner icon

The cheapest hair spray you can find will freeze a wasp in place, and drop it like a cannon ball. Just keep a can handy. It works for other flying insects too. Just spray on the wasp, and in seconds it will dry and the wasp will drop out of the air.

Source: Can't remember where I got it, but know it works!

By Jacketbacker from Greer, SC

Will this by chance work with the big carpenter bees that look like bumble bees?

Please correct your directions to say wasp not bees! Bees are dying at incredible rates & I don't think we want them being sprayed. Although most people don't know the difference. Sad

Hair spray sounds like a good idea. Is there any danger to the flowers, plants and especially Milkweed? Milkweed is the the host plant for Monarch butterflies and cannot be treated with any pesticide or it will kill the eggs and caterpillars.

Monarch are to being extinct and it is necessary to help them survive and increase their numbers.

Hair spray works! My boyfriend successfully was able to massacre a huge nest right outside our door. I'm so thank for this advice! I was scared to leave the house! Not anymore!

Anonymous

oh that's horrible! insects are really important. I do understand..but d we have to kill something just cos we cant handle it?

That's pretty messed up, I think everyone forgets that we need these creatures and they have been here long before us.

Indeed, but I have been attacked three times this week. I hate killing them too, but I will not keep getting stung going outside my house.

This does work.