Cut Burgers in Half for Cookouts - Categories:

BBQ and GrillFood Tips

Cut Burgers in Half for Cookouts

When serving food at cookouts, go ahead and put some of the hamburgers on buns, then cut them in half before placing on the serving platter. This helps cut down on the number of kids who take a whole burger, and then waste half of it.

By Becki in IN

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

Great Idea!! I have completely stopped buying canned pop for the same reason. The kids take a sip and waste the rest.

Great tip! I think this is good for adults, too. I know that at cookouts I often want a hotdog and a burger, but a whole burger and a whole hotdog is too much.

Our church started doing this for hotdogs, calls them "kid's dogs" or something like that. We serve big quarter pound beef hotdogs at church events and it was a shame to see them wasted.

Food and Recipes Food Tips BBQ and GrillMay 24, 2004
Textured Half Shell Cowl
Making a Textured Half Shell Cowl
Triangle Quilt Blocks
Making Half Square Triangle Quilt Blocks
Macaroni and Cheese
Cooking with Dairy Products
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 18, 2016 at 4:49:11 PM on 10.0.1.227 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.