Refilling a Comforter

How can I repair an old comforter that is losing its insides? My mom doesn't want to part with it but as I wash it the insides keeps coming out. Thank you.

By flower51

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

You mention the insides are coming out; does it have the seam loose to where it needs to be stitched? Walmart sells batting in a roll in which you buy the size you need. If you want to make it full again and plump, you just undo one end of the comforter by using a seam ripper and you insert your new filling inside making sure to get it straight in there in the corners then just stitch it back up. I make all sizes of comforters and the filling is ready to unroll and use and sells for $7 to $15 depending on the size and thickness you want to purchase. you can leave your old filling inside and just layer it on top of it which will make it plumper.

I would repair the hole, and then get a nice snap closed cover that you put the comforter inside and it doubles the warmth and keeps it cleaner. I have one that is flannel, and I use it for a sheet now, but in the summer it's in storage. You can get them just about anywhere.

You can also "sandwich" the comforter between two fleece blankets and "tie" the edges closed like you might a quilt.

Good Luck!

White Comforter
Refilling a Comforter
Home and Garden Repair OtherMarch 31, 2009
comforter with alarm clock
Fixing a Lumpy Comforter
messy bed with white comforter
Keeping a Comforter on the Bed
Down comforter on a nice bed.
Removing Odors From a Down Comforter
End view of rolled comforter.
Make Your Own Comforter Cover
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 12:19:38 PM on 10.0.2.167 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.