Stains on My Leather Steering Wheel

I bought a steering wheel cover a couple of months ago and decided this week to take it off. The only problem is that somehow it stained my leather steeringwheel cover! How can I get it off without messing up my wheel? Can someone please help?

Kai from Alabama

Answers

Hi! What do you think caused the stain? Was it adhesive from the cover or maybe sweat soaking from your hands through the cover onto the leather?

My husband just go himself a lovely new leather steering wheel and the salesman warned him that the biggest cause of stains on leather wheels was from people having aftershave or perfume on their hands when they get in the car to go off to work. That is, they've gotten ready to leave and last thing used perfume, aftershave etc then not washed their hands and the chemicals have then stained the steering wheel! If you can figure out what has caused the stain, then you can google it to find the right treatment... Good luck!

Home and Garden Cleaning AutoAugust 14, 2006
Wagon Wheel Doily
Making a Wagon Wheel Doily
leather car seat
Removing Rust Stains from Leather
new leather chair
Smell from New Leather Furniture
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 12, 2017 at 9:39:21 PM on 10.0.2.106 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.