Organize Your Pantry With an Inventory List

I have a 2-door pantry cabinet with several shelves on each side. A couple of the shelves are pretty easy to organize, like soups on one shelf and canned fruits and vegetables on another shelf. However, I was having a problem remembering on which shelf I'd put many items that I keep on hand.

I finally did an inventory of each shelf and listed everything on a piece of paper and taped it to the inside of the cabinet door near that shelf. Now I can scan my lists to find which shelf the item I'm looking for is located. This has saved me a lot of searching time!

By Sharon from Poland, IN

This works great for a freezer too, especially a deep freeze that's full. Tape the list on the outside of the freezer door along with a pen or pencil (so it won't run away!) Using coloured bags helps me find items in my freezer too. For example, fish and seafood in a blue transparent recycling bag. Fruit in a clear bag. Veggies in a green transparent bag... etc.

Cans of Food in a Pantry
Organizing Your Pantry
Organizing KitchenJuly 22, 2009
Baby Store
Name Ideas for a Baby Store
Preventing Pantry Pests
Preventing Pantry Pests
Stocking a Basic Pantry
Stocking a Basic Pantry