Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Replacement Parts for H2O Steam Mop

I have an H20 mop (regular not Ultra) and liked it the first two times I used it. After the second time, the little screw holding the handle and base together loosened and rolled away.

The catalog I got it from no longer offers it, so I called Thane (the mfg). They will ship me a package of replacement parts for $9.95. I only want to replace one screw!

Does anyone knows the type of screw it is so I can go to Home Depot. It's just the principle of the thing. Paying $9.95 seems unnecessary!

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

By DesertMom from AZ

By Nicholas Wayne W. [1]06/03/2013

Can anyone help me please? My wifes steam mop H20 x5 stopped putting out steam. ll it does is go hum, hum, hum... kind of pulsing like. The element gets hot but it doesn't put out steam. I think maybe the pump is bad.

By DesertMom [1]11/13/2010

KitKat100, thanks, that is probably what I'll have to do. I was hoping I could get away with just carrying a small screw, but that may be the only solution. :) Desert Mom.

By kitkatk100 [6]11/10/2010

I don't know how big your mop is, but you could probably take it to the hardware store. The sales people there should be able to help you find a replacement screw. Good luck!

Here are questions related to Replacement Parts for H2O Steam Mop.

Question: H2O Steam Mop Makes Noise But No Steam

Can anyone help me please? My wife's steam mop H2O x5 stopped putting out steam. All it does is go hum hum hum hum kind of pulsing like. The element gets hot, but it doesn't put out steam. I think maybe the pump is bad.

By Nicholas

Most Recent Answer

By Dena Roberts06/05/2013

I have one. It gets plugged with the minerals in the water. I clean the holes in the bottom with vinegar. I put about 1/4 inch of vinegar into a pan big enough to set the mop in, and let it soak overnight. I only have to do this once every couple of months. I've had my steam mop for about 7 years now.

Question: Replacement Lock for H2O Steam Mop Water Chamber

I lost the lock for the water container on my mop and need a replacement. Where can I order?

By Richard

Question: H2O Mop Not Making Steam

My H2O x5 steam cleaner doesn't give out steam anymore. Can anyone help?

Christine

Question: Water Not Heating in H2O Steam Mop

I bought H20 steam mop, but the water is cold when sprayed. I am looking to buy a new boiler. Any ideas where to buy one from?

By Paul

Question: H20 Cleaning Pin Replacement

Does anyone know if it is essential to replace this exact part, or whether you can "improvise" and use something else to clean?

By Caty

Question: Replacement Heating Element for H20 Steam Mop

Where can I get a replacement heating element for my H20 steam mop?

By David D.

Most Recent Answer

By cj12/12/2011

If you have the manufacture's name look on internet for that company. They should have an 800 # on the site. They can get one for you. Otherwise the only thing I could suggest is a vaciim cleaner salesperson in your area. I always make sure that I keep these numbers handy in recipe box for manufacturies or anything I purchased just in case things like this happen.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Replacement Parts for H2O Steam Mop

I just bought an H2O steam mop, I love it. I tried to take the hand held steamer off and broke the black bit that's on the base. It looks like a tube, attached to a plastic piece. Does any one know where I can get another one?
Thanks.

By Esh from London, England

RE: Replacement Parts for H2O Steam Mop

Search for your question, "Replacement Parts for H2O Steam Mop", there is a lot of info there, good luck. (12/22/2009)

By kffrmw88

I have an H2O steam mop that went bad. I found out the klixon (high limit thermostat) went bad. I am trying to find a replacement. Without this, the heater will not turn on so the mop is trash.

I found someone in China who can ship me one for $0.50 each, but the shipping will cost $50.00 Yes, 50 dollars! There must be somewhere that sells this klixon. Anyone ?

By Tim C from Philadelphia, PA

RE: Replacement Parts for H2O Steam Mop

For all those looking to find parts I have a phone number for you.
Thane Company. Customer Service Department at 719-948-1580

If you are still looking to buy the Klixon (thermostat), forget it. This company has parts, but not that part. They buy the heater assembly from China (go figure). So, my advice is if it is the thermostat or any part of the heater element, throw it away and go buy another steam mop if you dare. Try another brand, you might get lucky, however, they all probably use the same heater. Just consider they are like automatic coffee makers, you have to replace them every couple of years. Good luck all. (08/07/2010)

By TimC