Replacement Parts for H2O Steam Mop

By DesertMom 1 1

I have an H20 mop (regular not Ultra) and liked it the first two times I used it. After the second time, the little screw holding the handle and base together loosened and rolled away.

The catalog I got it from no longer offers it, so I called Thane (the mfg). They will ship me a package of replacement parts for $9.95. I only want to replace one screw!

Does anyone knows the type of screw it is so I can go to Home Depot. It's just the principle of the thing. Paying $9.95 seems unnecessary!

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

By DesertMom from AZ

Filter Sort

By kitkatk100 7 77 Flag

I don't know how big your mop is, but you could probably take it to the hardware store. The sales people there should be able to help you find a replacement screw. Good luck!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By DesertMom 1 1 Flag

KitKat100, thanks, that is probably what I'll have to do. I was hoping I could get away with just carrying a small screw, but that may be the only solution. :) Desert Mom.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Nicholas Wayne W. 1 1 Flag

Can anyone help me please? My wifes steam mop H20 x5 stopped putting out steam. ll it does is go hum, hum, hum... kind of pulsing like. The element gets hot but it doesn't put out steam. I think maybe the pump is bad.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Question: H2O Steam Mop Makes Noise But No Steam

By Nicholas Wayne W. 1 1

Can anyone help me please? My wife's steam mop H2O x5 stopped putting out steam. All it does is go hum hum hum hum kind of pulsing like. The element gets hot, but it doesn't put out steam. I think maybe the pump is bad.

By Nicholas

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Dena Roberts 35 491 Flag

I have one. It gets plugged with the minerals in the water. I clean the holes in the bottom with vinegar. I put about 1/4 inch of vinegar into a pan big enough to set the mop in, and let it soak overnight. I only have to do this once every couple of months. I've had my steam mop for about 7 years now.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Replacement Micropump for H2O Steam Mop

Where can I buy micro pump for an H20 mop x5? It is not making steam. I cleaned the heater pipes, but it is still not working?

By Avnish Kumar

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By olsejh 1 Flag

I found a micro pump in China but could not figure out how to order.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Replacement Water Container

We have found that the clear plastic water container has broken round the filler cap and has cracks down the container. Do you think we will be able to get a replacement container?

By Joan C.

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By cybergrannie 32 893 Flag

Hi - I believe readers may have to have more information to be able to help you.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Replacement Heating Element for H20 Steam Mop

Where can I get a replacement heating element for my H20 steam mop?

By David D.

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By cj 15 39 Flag

If you have the manufacture's name look on internet for that company. They should have an 800 # on the site. They can get one for you. Otherwise the only thing I could suggest is a vaciim cleaner salesperson in your area. I always make sure that I keep these numbers handy in recipe box for manufacturies or anything I purchased just in case things like this happen.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Replacement Part for H2O Mop

I am looking for a water filter for my H2O Ultra steam mop. Thane, the manufacturing company, does not carry it any more. Any idea how to fix it? Vinegar doesn't work.

By Ildiko T.

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Replacement Water Tank for H2O Mop

I am sorry no speak ingles.

By Oscar

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Replacement Lock for H2O Steam Mop Water Chamber

I lost the lock for the water container on my mop and need a replacement. Where can I order?

By Richard

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Question: H2O Mop Not Making Steam

My H2O x5 steam cleaner doesn't give out steam anymore. Can anyone help?

Christine

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Water Not Heating in H2O Steam Mop

I bought H20 steam mop, but the water is cold when sprayed. I am looking to buy a new boiler. Any ideas where to buy one from?

By Paul

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Question: H20 Cleaning Pin Replacement

Does anyone know if it is essential to replace this exact part, or whether you can "improvise" and use something else to clean?

By Caty

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Archive: Replacement Parts for H2O Steam Mop

I just bought an H2O steam mop, I love it. I tried to take the hand held steamer off and broke the black bit that's on the base. It looks like a tube, attached to a plastic piece. Does any one know where I can get another one?
Thanks.

By Esh from London, England

Feedback:

RE: Replacement Parts for H2O Steam Mop

Search for your question, "Replacement Parts for H2O Steam Mop", there is a lot of info there, good luck. (12/22/2009)

By kffrmw88

I have an H2O steam mop that went bad. I found out the klixon (high limit thermostat) went bad. I am trying to find a replacement. Without this, the heater will not turn on so the mop is trash.

I found someone in China who can ship me one for $0.50 each, but the shipping will cost $50.00 Yes, 50 dollars! There must be somewhere that sells this klixon. Anyone ?

By Tim C from Philadelphia, PA

Feedback:

RE: Replacement Parts for H2O Steam Mop

For all those looking to find parts I have a phone number for you.
Thane Company. Customer Service Department at 719-948-1580

If you are still looking to buy the Klixon (thermostat), forget it. This company has parts, but not that part. They buy the heater assembly from China (go figure). So, my advice is if it is the thermostat or any part of the heater element, throw it away and go buy another steam mop if you dare. Try another brand, you might get lucky, however, they all probably use the same heater. Just consider they are like automatic coffee makers, you have to replace them every couple of years.
Good luck all. (08/07/2010)

By TimC

Steam Mop
Repairing an H2O Steam Mop
Previous
Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning ToolsNovember 7, 2010
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Photo of a yellow rubber glove.
Making Your Own Clorox Ready Mop Pads
An electrical cord plugged into an outlet.
Finding Replacement Cords for Electronics
Steam Mop
Using a Steam Mop
Steam Mop
Repairing an H2O Steam Mop
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 13, 2016 at 8:25:51 AM on 10.0.1.223 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesQuestionsAnswersArchives
NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulMost AnswersFewest AnswersBest AnswersRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings