Browsing: Repairing an H2O Steam Mop

Replacement Parts for H2O Steam Mop

I have an H20 mop (regular not Ultra) and liked it the first two times I used it. After the second time, the little screw holding the handle and base together loosened and rolled away.

The catalog I got it from no longer offers it, so I called Thane (the mfg). They will ship me a package of replacement parts for $9.95. I only want to replace one screw!

Does anyone knows the type of screw it is so I can go to Home Depot. It's just the principle of the thing. Paying $9.95 seems unnecessary!

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

By DesertMom from AZ

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

I don't know how big your mop is, but you could probably take it to the hardware store. The sales people there should be able to help you find a replacement screw. Good luck!

KitKat100, thanks, that is probably what I'll have to do. I was hoping I could get away with just carrying a small screw, but that may be the only solution. :) Desert Mom.

Can anyone help me please? My wifes steam mop H20 x5 stopped putting out steam. ll it does is go hum, hum, hum... kind of pulsing like. The element gets hot but it doesn't put out steam. I think maybe the pump is bad.

My mop is the same no steam coming out of it why is this

June 3, 2013 Flag

Can anyone help me please? My wife's steam mop H2O x5 stopped putting out steam. All it does is go hum hum hum hum kind of pulsing like. The element gets hot, but it doesn't put out steam. I think maybe the pump is bad.

By Nicholas

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have one. It gets plugged with the minerals in the water. I clean the holes in the bottom with vinegar. I put about 1/4 inch of vinegar into a pan big enough to set the mop in, and let it soak overnight. I only have to do this once every couple of months. I've had my steam mop for about 7 years now.

September 5, 2014 Flag

Where can I buy micro pump for an H20 mop x5? It is not making steam. I cleaned the heater pipes, but it is still not working?

By Avnish Kumar

I found a micro pump in China but could not figure out how to order.

July 23, 2014 Flag

We have found that the clear plastic water container has broken round the filler cap and has cracks down the container. Do you think we will be able to get a replacement container?

By Joan C.

Hi - I believe readers may have to have more information to be able to help you.

November 28, 2011 Flag

Where can I get a replacement heating element for my H20 steam mop?

By David D.

If you have the manufacture's name look on internet for that company. They should have an 800 # on the site. They can get one for you. Otherwise the only thing I could suggest is a vaciim cleaner salesperson in your area. I always make sure that I keep these numbers handy in recipe box for manufacturies or anything I purchased just in case things like this happen.

November 7, 2010 Flag

I have an H2O steam mop that went bad. I found out the klixon (high limit thermostat) went bad. I am trying to find a replacement. Without this, the heater will not turn on so the mop is trash.

I found someone in China who can ship me one for $0.50 each, but the shipping will cost $50.00 Yes, 50 dollars! There must be somewhere that sells this klixon. Anyone ?

By Tim C from Philadelphia, PA

Answers:

Replacement Parts for H2O Steam Mop

For all those looking to find parts I have a phone number for you.
Thane Company. Customer Service Department at 719-948-1580

If you are still looking to buy the Klixon (thermostat), forget it. This company has parts, but not that part. They buy the heater assembly from China (go figure). So, my advice is if it is the thermostat or any part of the heater element, throw it away and go buy another steam mop if you dare. Try another brand, you might get lucky, however, they all probably use the same heater. Just consider they are like automatic coffee makers, you have to replace them every couple of years.
Good luck all. (08/07/2010)

By TimC

May 23, 2010 Flag

I just bought an H2O steam mop, I love it. I tried to take the hand held steamer off and broke the black bit that's on the base. It looks like a tube, attached to a plastic piece. Does any one know where I can get another one?
Thanks.

By Esh from London, England

Answers:

Replacement Parts for H2O Steam Mop

Search for your question, "Replacement Parts for H2O Steam Mop", there is a lot of info there, good luck. (12/22/2009)

By kffrmw88

Steam Mop
Repairing an H2O Steam Mop
Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning ToolsNovember 7, 2010
Photo of a yellow rubber glove.
Making Your Own Clorox Ready Mop Pads
George Foreman Rotisserie Oven
Replacement Parts for George Foreman Rotisserie Oven
Steam Mop
Using a Steam Mop
Steam Cleaner
Steam Cleaner Doesn't Release Steam
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 25, 2016 at 1:15:30 PM on 10.0.1.167 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.