Repairing an H2O Steam Mop

Category Appliances
Finding replacement parts and making repairs to small cleaning appliances is possible, but sometimes daunting. This is a guide about repairing an H2O steam mop.

Sometimes small home appliances can be repaired saving you money over buying a new one. This is a guide about H2O X5 steamer mop pump not running.

H2O X5 Steamer Mop Pump Not Running

Read More... Was this helpful? 1

I have a H2O mop that blew the house fuse when I was using it. I have taken it apart and cleaned the hoses and water tank and changed two hoses that broke. But it still won't make steam. Any other reason for this please? Can you tell me where I can get spare parts? Thanks.

Answers

I suspect that this is an electrical problem with the motor or the heating element. If this is not an expensive item, or if you have no experience with such repairs, it might be better to simply get a new one. It isn't making steam because it isn't making heat, I would assume. If you are determined to repair it, try googling the manufacturer's name and go to the website. You might find such information in your owner's manual.

Anonymous

you steam tank is gone.

I have an H2O mop, Model 808.092; Ref#H2OM-1149-5 date code 0803. The PVC piping (tubing?) at the junction of the base inside the white body between the reservoir and the mophead has cracked under pressure/in use. I want to revive this product. It is worth saving. How can I repair it? Where can I get replacement parts?

Answers

You could use acquarium sealant and put duct tape over that.

Anonymous

You mean like the caulk that goes between glass panes of an aquarium? Interesting concept, but, therected is a piece that got lost when it broke. I'd prefer the integrity of a replacement pipe or picking tube as it were...

Do you have a manual?
Is it possible to find a part number?
Your problem kind of sounds like a manufacturing problem..
If so, it is possible the company will repair it.

If you do not have a manual  here is a site that has some info and manuals:

https://www.man  ess-H2o-Mop.html

I have also found a couple of sites that you may be able to ask where you can find this part you need.

http://x5mop.com/contact-us

https://www.tha  ustomer-support/

Nah it will melt because of the metal wire running through. It has to be extra thick heat proof pipe.

I have the floor/carpet holder for H20 "ULTRA" and the water purifier.**Brand New**

If anyone is interested in these items, please let me know.

Garbage day Is this Thursday! 

Can anyone help me please? My wife's steam mop H2O x5 stopped putting out steam. All it does is go hum hum hum hum kind of pulsing like. The element gets hot, but it doesn't put out steam. I think maybe the pump is bad.

By Nicholas

Answers

I have one. It gets plugged with the minerals in the water. I clean the holes in the bottom with vinegar. I put about 1/4 inch of vinegar into a pan big enough to set the mop in, and let it soak overnight. I only have to do this once every couple of months. I've had my steam mop for about 7 years now.

I need to purchase the back of the Ultra Steam Mop H2O. Any ideas about how I can do this?
Thanks.

Answers

Www.thane.ca seems to have replacement parts for your mop. If you have the instruction book that came with it, it may list authorized dealers who have parts.

I have a similar mop and have found it very difficult to find a replacement part. Most "parts" sites are just selling pads and other accessories.

I have found a couple of sites that you may be able to ask where you can find this part you need.

http://x5mop.com/contact-us
https://www.tha  ustomer-support/

I do not know the age of your steamer mop but they did have a recall.
Maybe you should check it out - just in case:

http://www.abou  -and-burns-4913/

I have had a H2O mop x5 for just over a year and used it successfully several times. Today, however, I filled it with water and switched it on and it tripped the electric. I tried it later and the same thing happened. Is it a quick fix or should I buy a new one?

Answers

I am not familiar with this type of mop. Does it heat the water? I'm not sure why it should trip your breaker. Have you tried plugging it in to a different outlet? My first guess is that it is the breaker that is faulty, and that you have a heavier load on that breaker today than you have had in the past. Have you something else plugged in on that circuit that you haven't had previously -- a microwave, a coffee maker, for instance? If the mop works on another outlet, then there is nothing the matter with the mop. If it trips every breaker, then it likely is defective.

I have had exactly the same fault (must be built into the design!). I have tried it on several different sockets and it trips the breaker each time. It doesn't come on so I suspect the motor is shorting somewhere. The appliance is not cheap and I haven't used it that much over the year and suspect it's just out of warranty. Conversely, I have a wallpaper steamer I've used for years without trouble, I think I'll switch to using that!

Same here. Took it apart & found water tank in very bad shape & leaking onto electrics. Edge seal of cover not a good design & cracked in places where the clear plastic lip seal had disintegrated

My steam cleaner stopped producing steam. It makes the pulsing hum, hum, hum, but nothing comes out. I took it apart and cleaned it with white vinegar. Upon removing hoses to check them I found nothing coming from the pump. Is it possible to replace water pump?

Answers

Your problem may be minerals clogging up the filter. The author of the article I read sawed the compartment open, cleaned it out, and epoxied it back together. You can read the article here:
http://chris-ei  rebuild.html?m=1

I have looked at one for a friend and found the pump was not operating correctly.
I gave the pump a small tap with a screwdriver handle and away it went.. It still stops intermittently, but starts again with a knock
If anyone can tell me where to get parts in Australia, it would be appreciated.

My H20 steam cleaner has started to leak. How can I stop this happening?

Answers

I had the same problem with another product and just asked the same question on Google and got many "instruction" sites.
Try it - got nothing to lose.

one of the tubes has disintegrated

My H2O is leaking when used as a whole unit and as a hand held. Anyone know what to do?

The small black rectangular bits underneath the mop that attach the pad to the machine have all fallen off and so I can't attach the pads any more. Can I get replacements hook pads and from where?

Where can I buy the internal steam tube for my H2O steam mop? I live in the UK can you help?

Answers

Try these companies - I've done business with them and have had good results; you can also go to AmazonUK and use the search function to look for H20 spare parts where I first found these sellers:

http://www.espa  6/steam-cleaners

http://www.part  odel_ref=5537945

http://spares2go.co.uk/

http://suds-online.co.uk/

My H20 mop handle cracked. I need to replace it but can not find a site to order it. Where would I go to order a replacement?

By Jean J.

Answers

Website:
http://www.than  ICFQiDfgodrkMAuw

The element is not heating up to produce steam. There is no clogging. It sprays, but only cold water.

By David

Answers

Go to the website of the name of the steamer and/or call the warranty division or store where you bought it and let them know.

I have a model X5 H2O steam mop. The unit no longer produces steam and the pump is shot. Is there any place to order a pump in Canada?

The PCB circuit board on my steam mop has gone out. Where can I get a new one or repair the existing one?

Can I get the whole water tank part?

By Annette from Torquay

My steam mop makes all the noises that it will work, but the on/off button is stuck on and it is not producing steam. I have been told that it needs a new circuit board, does anyone know where I can get one?

By Karen L

Where can I get a new water hose (type with spring inside to prevent kinking) as the hose from the tank to pump has split?

By Ken R.

I have a Thane H2O Mop steam cleaner oem-tv-001 with rectangular replacement head and pads. Where can I purchase replacement parts and pads? The triangle head is too wide to fit between my toilet and wall.

By John

My H2O x5 steam cleaner doesn't give out steam anymore. Can anyone help?

Christine

I bought H20 steam mop, but the water is cold when sprayed. I am looking to buy a new boiler. Any ideas where to buy one from?

By Paul