Repairing an H2O Steam Mop

Category Appliances
Finding replacement parts and making repairs to small cleaning appliances is possible, but sometimes daunting. This is a page about repairing an H2O steam mop.

I need to purchase the back of the Ultra Steam Mop H2O. Any ideas about how I can do this?
Thanks.

Answers

Best Answer

I have a similar mop and have found it very difficult to find a replacement part. Most "parts" sites are just selling pads and other accessories.

I have found a couple of sites that you may be able to ask where you can find this part you need.

x5mop.com/contact-us
www.thanedirect.co.uk/.../

I do not know the age of your steamer mop but they did have a recall.
Maybe you should check it out - just in case:

www.aboutlawsuits.com/.../

The H20 Mop button no longer works. It will not turn off. What can I do to fix it or where can I send in for repairs?

Answers

Best Answer

It sounds like there is a connection problem with the switch and one of the cables has come loose. You should take the handle apart and check the wiring on the switch.

You can also check out the post here on Thrifty Fun about repairing your mop www.thriftyfun.com/Repairing-an-H2O-Steam-Mop.html

Best Answer

If it doesnt turn off one of the wires to the switch is loose or broken. Go to YouTube for videos on how to fix this.

I have a H2O mop that blew the house fuse when I was using it. I have taken it apart and cleaned the hoses and water tank and changed two hoses that broke. But it still won't make steam. Any other reason for this please? Can you tell me where I can get spare parts? Thanks.

Answers

I suspect that this is an electrical problem with the motor or the heating element. If this is not an expensive item, or if you have no experience with such repairs, it might be better to simply get a new one.

It isn't making steam because it isn't making heat, I would assume. If you are determined to repair it, try googling the manufacturer's name and go to the website. You might find such information in your owner's manual.

Anonymous

you steam tank is gone.

I have had a H2O mop x5 for just over a year and used it successfully several times. Today, however, I filled it with water and switched it on and it tripped the electric. I tried it later and the same thing happened. Is it a quick fix or should I buy a new one?

Answers

I am not familiar with this type of mop. Does it heat the water? I'm not sure why it should trip your breaker. Have you tried plugging it in to a different outlet? My first guess is that it is the breaker that is faulty, and that you have a heavier load on that breaker today than you have had in the past.

Have you something else plugged in on that circuit that you haven't had previously -- a microwave, a coffee maker, for instance? If the mop works on another outlet, then there is nothing the matter with the mop. If it trips every breaker, then it likely is defective.

I have had exactly the same fault (must be built into the design!). I have tried it on several different sockets and it trips the breaker each time. It doesn't come on so I suspect the motor is shorting somewhere. The appliance is not cheap and I haven't used it that much over the year and suspect it's just out of warranty. Conversely, I have a wallpaper steamer I've used for years without trouble, I think I'll switch to using that!

Same here. Took it apart & found water tank in very bad shape & leaking onto electrics.

Edge seal of cover not a good design & cracked in places where the clear plastic lip seal had disintegrated

I have an H2O mop, Model 808.092; Ref#H2OM-1149-5 date code 0803. The PVC piping (tubing?) at the junction of the base inside the white body between the reservoir and the mophead has cracked under pressure/in use. I want to revive this product. It is worth saving. How can I repair it? Where can I get replacement parts?

Answers

You could use acquarium sealant and put duct tape over that.

Anonymous

You mean like the caulk that goes between glass panes of an aquarium? Interesting concept, but, therected is a piece that got lost when it broke.

I'd prefer the integrity of a replacement pipe or picking tube as it were...

Do you have a manual?
Is it possible to find a part number?
Your problem kind of sounds like a manufacturing problem..
If so, it is possible the company will repair it.

If you do not have a manual here is a site that has some info and manuals:

www.manualslib.com/.../Thane-Fitness-H2o-Mop.html

I have also found a couple of sites that you may be able to ask where you can find this part you need.

x5mop.com/contact-us

www.thanedirect.co.uk/.../

Nah it will melt because of the metal wire running through. It has to be extra thick heat proof pipe.

I have the floor/carpet holder for H20 "ULTRA" and the water purifier.**Brand New**

If anyone is interested in these items, please let me know.

Garbage day Is this Thursday!

My H2O steamer mop's pump is not working; no humming sound. Water scale has been removed. Can the pump be repaired or replace?

Can anyone help me please? My wife's steam mop H2O x5 stopped putting out steam. All it does is go hum hum hum hum kind of pulsing like. The element gets hot, but it doesn't put out steam. I think maybe the pump is bad.

By Nicholas Wayne W.

Answers

I have one. It gets plugged with the minerals in the water. I clean the holes in the bottom with vinegar. I put about 1/4 inch of vinegar into a pan big enough to set the mop in, and let it soak overnight. I only have to do this once every couple of months. I've had my steam mop for about 7 years now.

I live in the Hamilton area and have been looking for the Thane H2O Ultra Mop water filtre. Thane Canada says that they don't have this part. I can't use the machine without one and have no way to unclog it. Does anyone have them or any other suggestions?

My H2O Mop Ultra, (red in colour) just stopped working today. There is no power going to the mop, the indicator lights are not coming on. Has anyone any ideas as to what I can do to repair my mop? I am based in the Republic of Ireland. The plug and fuse were checked

I have a H2O mop that works pretty fine with all the accessories, but the one used for carpets is giving me problems. From the hole in the bottom of the triangle shaped accessory, both steam and water come out and water kinda sprinkles out, emptying the tank in less than a minute.
How can I fix this?
Thanks in advance.

My steamer is leaking water at the bottom of the main part, through a little hole in the plastic on the left of the picture, near the main nozzle. I've tried clearing the nozzle hole, but didn't make any difference. Any suggestions if it could be fixed or if it's had it?

Am I able to just purchase a lock plug for my H2O steam mop? Mine is missing.

Water is coming out of my H2O mop. It still works, but just soaks the carpet. It never did this before. Any solution?

My steam cleaner stopped producing steam. It makes the pulsing hum, hum, hum, but nothing comes out. I took it apart and cleaned it with white vinegar. Upon removing hoses to check them I found nothing coming from the pump. Is it possible to replace water pump?

Answers

Your problem may be minerals clogging up the filter. The author of the article I read sawed the compartment open, cleaned it out, and epoxied it back together. You can read the article here:
chris-eigenheer.blogspot.com/.../h2o-steam-mop-rebuild.html?m=1

I have looked at one for a friend and found the pump was not operating correctly.
I gave the pump a small tap with a screwdriver handle and away it went.. It still stops intermittently, but starts again with a knock
If anyone can tell me where to get parts in Australia, it would be appreciated.

My H20 steam cleaner has started to leak. How can I stop this happening?

Answers

I had the same problem with another product and just asked the same question on Google and got many "instruction" sites.
Try it - got nothing to lose.

one of the tubes has disintegrated

My H2O is leaking when used as a whole unit and as a hand held. Anyone know what to do?

The PCB circuit board on my steam mop has gone out. Where can I get a new one or repair the existing one?

Load More

Home and Garden Repair AppliancesSeptember 9, 2014
🐛
🌻
😎
📓
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Repairing-an-H2O-Steam-Mop.html