H2O Mop Won't Make Steam

I have a H2O mop that blew the house fuse when I was using it. I have taken it apart and cleaned the hoses and water tank and changed two hoses that broke. But it still won't make steam. Any other reason for this please? Can you tell me where I can get spare parts? Thanks.

I suspect that this is an electrical problem with the motor or the heating element. If this is not an expensive item, or if you have no experience with such repairs, it might be better to simply get a new one. It isn't making steam because it isn't making heat, I would assume. If you are determined to repair it, try googling the manufacturer's name and go to the website. You might find such information in your owner's manual.

This might help everyone with steam mops. They are basically the same as a steam generator iron. They consist of a small steam pump and a steam generator which is effectively a small water heater. If the mop is turning on, but making no sounds, it is probably the small pump has gone You can generally take the information off the outside of the pump and put it into e-bay. You will normally be able to find the pump as a spare part. If it is making sounds, but not producing steam, or giving steam but also leaking water, then possibly the pipes have broken or the heater is blocked.

It is possible to replace the pipes with ones that are produced for the food industry and can therefor handle heat. If the heater is blocked, try using a large boar syringe to inject limescale remover into it. Leave it to sit for a few hours, the inject with clean water. If this now flows through, the mop should work. Havent managed to find a way of repairing the water tank cracks yet, but Im working on it.

Anonymous

you steam tank is gone.

Anonymous

Hi did you find out wear to get this part? I need the same part aswell.