Repairing the Pump in a H2O X 5 Steam Mop

Category Appliances
Sometimes small home appliances can be repaired saving you money over buying a new one. This is a guide about H2O X5 steamer mop pump not running.

My X5 steamer just feels warm. There is no noise. I don't think the pump is running. Has anyone had the same problem?

Answers

Your problem may be minerals clogging up the filter. The author of the article I read sawed the compartment open, cleaned it out, and epoxied it back together. You can read the article here:

http://chris-ei rebuild.html?m=1

I am sure you can call the manufacture and they can help you.

Sir,

H2o mob the pump is not pushing the water into the heating tank please let me know how to repair the pump.

Thanks

I have the same problem. When I called I was asked to buy a new mop or replace the whole pump bit for a fortune!!!! Might as well buy a cheaper mop for that price! Customer service is useless!!!!

I want replacement of very bottom of pump part where there were four screw two type of screw and clean out and noticed the plastic that putting the screw back were broken and that is only bit that I want for replacement and and the pump was not working and it was getting warmer and still not getting results ! please help me and all I want is motor part not a whole part and I wouldn't mind to pay for replacement !

Hi, my partner had our steam mop in the rubbish pile to throw out today and I thought I'd do a search online and found this thread which helped me fix it without any parts or sawing/gluing so I thought I'd contribute my experience.

Out mop was making the hum hum hum hum noise but nothing was coming out. The unit was heating up and the pump was working so this indicated there was an issue with the water flow.

I opened the unit up and it was surprising simple insided. I couldn't see any water flow through the clear connecting tubes. So I gave the pump a tap with the back of a screwdriver and I saw a little movement in one of the clear tubes. More taps and water started to inch it's way through until it cleared the blockage (which I presume was mineral build up) and the steam flow was stronger than I remember it. I'm assuming it was building up over time and restricting flow until it finally stopped... anyway I got it going and it's now back in the house.

I actually tapped the pump about 30-40 times in the end as I started softly but it needed some decent taps to dislodge all the build up and clear the way.

Inside the unit the water is all completely contained by connecting tubes so when you open it up you can still operate it safely. I still recommend exercising caution and using it on a protected circuit with circuit breakers.

This only took me about 15 mins to fix. I'm stoked :)

So if your pump is making that hum hum hum hum AND is heating up but nothing is coming out - my money is on this to fix it for you.

Good luck! :)

I got a H2O X5 steamer and I need to know how to fix the pump. Where can I see an assembly diagram or photos of its components, or find out how to get a replacement unit?

Answers

Have you talked to where you bought it and see if they can help? Sadly if it was Amazon or by mail, that is not an option, but if you purchased it locally, the seller may be able to give you some info.

That or do you have a local hardware store owner you can talk to? They are my go to...I am old fashioned and like in person info first.

If not, my last resort is to go to the various internet gurus...here are a few to try. Hope this is helpful!

Don't forget to wear eye protection and gloves if you are dealing with the sharp parts...SAFETY FIRST!! Also be sure to unplug it! My hubby is always yelling at me because I forget that step :(

www.fixya.com/.../t3887929-am_looking_new_water_pump_h2o_mop

www.thane.com/.../H2O-Mop-Ultra-Guide_ENG.pdf

www.qvc.com/.../V26395_troubleshooting.pdf

www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9vCg8_Pt0A

chris-eigenheer.blogspot.com/.../h2o-steam-mop-rebuild.html