Icemaker Not Dumping Ice

Category Ice Machines
Before you call the repair service, you may be able to troubleshoot and repair an in-freezer ice maker that makes, but doesn't dump the ice cubes. This is a guide about icemaker not dumping ice.

If your ice maker has stopped dropping ice, it may just be stuck and need some minor repair. This is a guide about Kenmore Elite icemaker not dumping ice.

icemaker

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

I have a Beko gne v320 fridge/freezer. The ice maker tipping motor is brand new, but it only turns about 45 degrees then returns the tray to the level position without empting the ice. Any advice?

Answers

Why isn't my fridge not dumping ice

My ice maker as made ice but is not dumping it hence I have no ice

my ice maker is freezing up and is not ejecting ice. it is frozen solid and i am using hairdryer to try to thaw it out.. when i thawed it out the first time yesterday the eject lever worked but just ran water in ice cube tray not the cube maker part of it.

I have an LG Refridgerator bought 2013. It makes ice but does not dump the ice.

i just poured white vinegar in mine and the teeth moved now waiting to see if it makes ice

i poured white vinegar in the tray and the teeth moved out of the down position

Anonymous

I have the exact same issue. Let me know if you find an answer.

My ice maker fills with water but won't dump the ice once it's frozen. What can I do?

By Michelle B

Answers

Look for a wire "arm" above the bin that can be raised and lowered.

On mine, having it in the raised position tells the icemaker to "stop." Others may operate differently.

For a quick test, just put it in the opposite position that it's in now, to see if you get ice.

I hope this helps.

Take a small container like a mustard bottle with squirt end and put white vinegar in it and put some in ice tray. It's probably got build up in the tray. Good luck.

My refrigerator recently stopped making ice. I noticed there was a small piece of frozen ice stuck in the mold, so my husband melted it with the hairdryer and we cleaned out the water. This worked for a few days, but then stopped. Now the mold is stuck full of ice and not rotating to eject the ice. Any suggestions?

By Kate from LA

Answers

Anonymous

Have you tried calling the 800 customer service number of the refrigerator manufacturer? You could also try reading the owners manual trouble shooting section.

There is frozen ice, but it will not dump the ice.

By Gary

Answers

Anonymous

Is the lever in the open to drop the ice position or is it in the closed position? I one time accidently pushed mine in the off postion when cleaning and felt like a dork when maintenance looked at me like I was a nutcase - LOL ;-)

Can you explain the open vs close position?

My polar 10kg ice maker will not dump the ice

The ice is frozen but won't dump the ice. Whirlpool ice maker.

Two of the end teeth on our icemaker kept clogging up with built up ice causing the teeth to stop rotating until we use an icepick to chop and break the build up off the teeth. We thought maybe their coating had worn off, so we ordered and replaced the entire icemaker unit. This morning the same two teeth have an ice build up on them also. So frustrating!

Answers

You might contact the manufacturer of the new ice unit for their recommendations to correct the problem.

My ice machine wont drop ice

My ice maker is making ice, it is in the tray, but is not dumping it.

By Sheilah P. from Sacramento, CA

Answers

I live in the south and in the rural areas we have deep-wells. Sometimes the cubes stick and won't dump because of mineral deposits left behind in the ice tray and it causes the cubes to stick. I don't know what your situation is. If push comes to shove call the maker and see what they suggest.

The ice container makes & holds the ice but will not release any cubes when button is pressed just a humming noise.....help...

I have a Whirlpool refrigerator/freezer and it is not dumping ice and there are ice cubes in the tray. First of all when I looked in the freezer the steel wire that turns it on and off was not connected so I connected it back. My Whirlpool model #WRF560SEYMO1.

I can see that there is ice made in the freezer but it will not drop. Is there a sensor that signals that the bucket is low? I have removed everything from the top shelf, so there is no interference from food. What can I check short of calling a repair man? I hadn't been having any problems before it just stopped.

By edm

Answers

There is usually an arm attached to the ice maker that raises as the ice fill the bucket below. If this arm is in the raised position, it will not make or dump additional ice. Some ice makers heat a little so they can release the ice to dump. This heating element may be burnt out.

My Kitchenaid refrigerator is making ice, but it is not dumping. I melted all the ice in the ice maker and I can hear the water filling. A couple hours later there is ice, but is not dumping. What is the problem?

By Jack