Icemaker Not Dumping Ice

Category Ice Machines
Before you call the repair service, you may be able to troubleshoot and repair an in-freezer ice maker that makes, but doesn't dump the ice cubes. This is a guide about icemaker not dumping ice.

I have a Beko gne v320 fridge/freezer. The ice maker tipping motor is brand new, but it only turns about 45 degrees then returns the tray to the level position without empting the ice. Any advice?

Answers

Best Answer

I poured white vinegar in the tray and the teeth moved out of the down position.

Best Answer

I have the same problem the icemaker was making noise and the ice cubes at the top of the mechanism were staying there I just poured some hot water on it freed the ice from the top and now it is working

Anonymous
Best Answer

I used the hairdryer on low and it worked in 20 minutes, we got ice!!!

My ice maker fills with water but won't dump the ice once it's frozen. What can I do?

By Regina Bicknell

Answers

Best Answer

Look for a wire "arm" above the bin that can be raised and lowered.

On mine, having it in the raised position tells the icemaker to "stop." Others may operate differently.

For a quick test, just put it in the opposite position that it's in now, to see if you get ice.

I hope this helps.

Best Answer

Take a small container like a mustard bottle with squirt end and put white vinegar in it and put some in ice tray. It's probably got build up in the tray. Good luck.

There is frozen ice, but it will not dump the ice.

By Gary

Answers

Anonymous
Best Answer

Is the lever in the open to drop the ice position or is it in the closed position? I one time accidently pushed mine in the off postion when cleaning and felt like a dork when maintenance looked at me like I was a nutcase - LOL ;-)

I can see that there is ice made in the freezer but it will not drop. Is there a sensor that signals that the bucket is low? I have removed everything from the top shelf, so there is no interference from food. What can I check short of calling a repair man? I hadn't been having any problems before it just stopped.

By edm

Answers

Best Answer

There is usually an arm attached to the ice maker that raises as the ice fill the bucket below. If this arm is in the raised position, it will not make or dump additional ice. Some ice makers heat a little so they can release the ice to dump. This heating element may be burnt out.

My refrigerator recently stopped making ice. I noticed there was a small piece of frozen ice stuck in the mold, so my husband melted it with the hairdryer and we cleaned out the water. This worked for a few days, but then stopped. Now the mold is stuck full of ice and not rotating to eject the ice. Any suggestions?

By Kate Thompson from LA

Answers

Anonymous

Have you tried calling the 800 customer service number of the refrigerator manufacturer? You could also try reading the owners manual trouble shooting section.

Load More