Ice Won't Drop from Dispenser?

I can see that there is ice made in the freezer but it will not drop. Is there a sensor that signals that the bucket is low? I have removed everything from the top shelf, so there is no interference from food. What can I check short of calling a repair man? I hadn't been having any problems before it just stopped.

By edm

Best Answer

There is usually an arm attached to the ice maker that raises as the ice fill the bucket below. If this arm is in the raised position, it will not make or dump additional ice. Some ice makers heat a little so they can release the ice to dump. This heating element may be burnt out.

Home and Garden Repair Appliances Ice MachinesDecember 10, 2011
🎄
🍂
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf18101711.tip.html