Kenmore Elite Icemaker Not Dumping Ice

Category Ice Machines
icemaker
If your ice maker has stopped dropping ice, it may just be stuck and need some minor repair. This is a guide about Kenmore Elite icemaker not dumping ice.

My Kenmore slim icemaker makes ice, but will not dump it into the bin. The little button inside does not make it go into motion to dump. I am wondering if anybody knows what's the problem? I have only had the fridge for four months. I tried to call Kenmore or Sears; what a joke no wonder they are closing their stores.

Best Answer

You can void the warranty if you start trying to fix it yourself. I would write them a registered letter saying that I am going to contact the Better Business Bureau if you don't hear from them within 3 days of receiving the letter. This usually works very well.

Best Answer

Kenmore and Sears should help.

I bought a Kenmore Waffle Maker and had problems, they gave me a new one. They said Kenmore has 2 year warranty for all their products.

I have a Kenmore model 596.58642891. The ice maker is full and will not dump the ice into the bin and makes a clicking sound. What could be the problem?

By Robert

Answers

Best Answer

Sometimes our ice maker will quit making ice. This tip works every time. The cause has been (apparently) a cube has become lodged where it should not be. We unload the freezer(pain) and use a hair dryer directly pointed at the ice maker, on high heat, for about 20 minutes. This melts the lodged cube and the ice maker works again.

Best Answer

Yes, I also find using the hair dryer to melt all the ice or thaw the ice maker, after ward it starts to work better

The icemaker will not rotate fully to dump ice into the bin. Please help.

Answers

You can check Kenmore's site (frequently asked questions) or contact by phone for help:

http://www.sear  -troubleshooting

Anonymous

The site just gives you the option to schedule a repair, sic.

The ice maker will not rotate fully to dump ice into bin

Ice tray is stuck in the bump position. Position Ice going in the Ice storage.

LG

I have a 2015 LG refrigerator and the ice maker will not cycle. I have reset it several times and the only way I get it to dump the ice is reset again. How can I fix it?

Anonymous

try heating it with a hair dryer.... bottom of the cube trays and some on top... maybe 10 minutes... keep it moving so no plastic melts.....

Now try the reset button again, it it cycles it will dump remaining ice and melted water and make a mess .. .but it will refill and hopefully you'll be good!

How do I remove the ice tray in my Kenmore freezer? It has ice in it, but it won't come out.

By Jacvk H.

Anonymous
Best Answer

Is the ice release lever in the on or off position? I once was having the same problem and it was simply because the lever wasn't in the release on mode.

My ice maker makes ice, but frequently one or more cubes will stay on top of the assembly and not drop into the collecting bin. If I don't catch them, they freeze to the assembly and stop the ice-making process which means I have to take the entire assembly out of the freezer, let it defrost and reinstall it to start the process again. Sometimes all the cubes do drop into the collecting bin. What's the hang-up?