Red Ash Stains on Clothing

How do I remove red ash stains from white jeans?

Lisa

Answers

Best Answer

My all-purpose attack for stains on white clothing is this 1) spray with Shout and leave on for a few days. If that doesn't do it then 2) Soak for a day or two in a plastic dishpan with cool water and Tide with Bleach powder. What ever is left over usually comes out with 3) a Clorox bleach pen.

I always use the bleach pen as the last resort as bleach can weaken fibers. That's why I try everything else first to eliminate or at least lessen the severity of the original stain. Using these 3 steps, I can get practically any stain out of any white clothing, assuming it's a fabric that can be bleached.

The only exception is rust stains. On white clothing, even bleach never works. I've found the best thing for that to be Whink.

Picture of a red striped shirt in a washer.
Removing Dye Transfers from Clothing
Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsJune 19, 2008
Coal
Uses for Coal Ash
Red Wine
Removing Red Wine Stains from Microfiber
Glass of Red Wine Spilled on Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors, Broken glass of red wine on wood floor.
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors
🎄