Garden: Pineapple Sage

This is the second year I started these Pineapple sage from cuttings. Started in water until roots came, transplanted into yard and kept doing it through the summer. They turned out beautiful, running across the entire yard in front of house.

I love the smell of pineapple when I pass by, the red flowers have a wonderful taste and have used the leaves in tea and cooking. Especially good in chicken.

By Peggy from Cortland, OH

Peggy, where did you get the pineapple sage? Did you buy it or did someone give it to you? I would like to put some in next year. Could you fill me in?

Peggy, I haven't heard of pineapple sage but it sounds interesting. What zone does it grow in? Where would I find it?

I'm in zone 5 {I think} NE Ohio. I am still propagating since it's still so warm this year. I love this plant. It grew to over 6 feet, you can see in the photo it is almost to the gutters. Of course that one did fall after a heavy rain last week.

My husband picked it up at the local garden shop. He said he didn't know what it was but by the name thought I would like it. He was so right. I've had so much fun with them.

Photos GardenNovember 10, 2009
Red amaranth flowers.
Growing Amaranth
Storing Pineapples, Canning Pineapples. Sliced fresh mini pineapple.
Freezing Pineapple
Canning Pineapples
Selecting Good Pineapples
🎄
🍂