Gardenia Photos

Category Garden
The fragrant, white flowers of the gardenia bush make a beautiful garden photo subject. This page contains gardenia photos.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

We live in Mississippi and the heat has averaged 102 degrees with the heat index of 118-122 for the last couple of weeks. Anyone from the south knows we have some brutal humidity that goes along with those temperatures!

Our son, the soldier, and his family are home for a visit. He is on leave from Fort Riley, Kansas. I had taken many pictures of our gardenia bush this year and dreamed of experiencing that 10 foot tall bush, filled with blooms, with my granddaughter.

Little did I know that one special bloom appeared while they were home this week! I would never have believed it had my granddaughter not taken a picture to show me. I squealed with excitement and told her how to pick the precious bloom. We have really enjoyed sharing the heavenly fragrance of the single gardenia bloom in the 100 degree, Mississippi summer days!

By Green living

gardenia flower

Comment Like this photo? 14

Gardenias bring me much pleasure! This is the first time in over 50 years that I have my very own gardenia. New blooms have been gathered and brought in each day!

By Linda Rorie

Answers:

Garden: Gardenia

I love these flowers and the fragrance is heavenly. Aren't they hard to grow though? I live in lower part of Kansas. Thanks for sharing. (06/18/2010)

By Grandma Bess