Leaves on Gardenia Turning Brown

My potted gardenia has got some nice buds on it, but several leaves are turning brown at the tips and will fall out at a slight touch. The pot is located adjacent to a window sill on a radiator cover (no heat on of course).

The plant was purchased about 10 days ago. There are no blooms yet. It has been fed with MiracleGro the other day, first time feeding.

By Ken from Brooklyn, NY

Answers

Best Answer

I don't know what is causing the leaves to turn yellow, But a little apple juice or apple cider diluted with water (1 cup of juice to a gallon of water.) helps my gardenia plant. It is planted outside in the shade ,except for a little late afternoon sun. I don't think it would hurt to try it.
Any blooming plant that comes from a florist shop is forced into bloom and normally is root bound already. Transplant as soon as the flowers die. GG Vi

Answer this Question

2 More Questions

I have a gardenia tree which I move inside during winter as it's in a pot. This is the second year I've had it. Some times blooms and has nice flowers, but at times I get brown spots on the leaves. I don't know what is the cause. Some say it's the PH and some say it's the water or the light. It has sunlight for about 3 hours then bright light the rest of the day. I'm attaching a photo of the leaves with the brown spots. Hopefully, someone can identify that. I checked for pests there aren't any.

By lahib

Answer this Question

My Gardenia was beautiful when it came from the florist shop and it said partial sun on the tag. However, it has been over a month and it is doing awfully.

Home and Garden Gardening AdviceSeptember 7, 2017
📓
🎂
😷
🎃
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Leaves-on-Gardenia-Turning-Brown-2.html