Leaves on Gardenia Turning Brown

My potted gardenia has got some nice buds on it, but several leaves are turning brown at the tips and will fall out at a slight touch. The pot is located adjacent to a window sill on a radiator cover (no heat on of course).

The plant was purchased about 10 days ago. There are no blooms yet. It has been fed with MiracleGro the other day, first time feeding.

By Ken from Brooklyn, NY

Best Answer

I don't know what is causing the leaves to turn yellow, But a little apple juice or apple cider diluted with water (1 cup of juice to a gallon of water.) helps my gardenia plant. It is planted outside in the shade ,except for a little late afternoon sun. I don't think it would hurt to try it.
Any blooming plant that comes from a florist shop is forced into bloom and normally is root bound already. Transplant as soon as the flowers die. GG Vi

I have the same problem my gardenia is in a pot and I've had it for 2 years now. It blooms in spring and fall but the leaves looks unhealthy and fall to the slightest touch. I can't identify the problem with the brown spot; they dont look they have pests or a disease. I add some liquid fertilizer every 2 weeks to give the soil some acidity. I have it placed indoors now as it's winter and cold it's facing a south window with bright light and some sunlight in the afternoon.