Preventing Mineral Deposits in Toilet Flush Tank

Is there a system to place in the flush tank of the toilet to prevent mineral deposits below the water line. I keep scouring it away, but it always returns. How can it be prevented?

Toni Y.

Best Answer

Kaboom is about useless for some of these mineral deposits, and CLR, which I do use, sometimes won't touch them either. I do have good luck with vinegar and pumice stone, but was cleaning several times a week, and as Toni Y knows, they will just come back, seemingly overnight, so that was a lot of cleaning!

That being said, I recently bought a mineral magnet, out of Home Trends catalog, thinking what did I have to lose... and surprisingly, its been almost a month, and I have yet to see the return of the rings.

From what I see online, Kaboom is a good product, go to their site. See what you think, good luck.

Toilet
Preventing Mineral Deposits in a Toilet
Consumer Advice Product FinderMarch 19, 2010
lace tank topper
Making Toilet Tank/Lid Covers
Shiney faucets and clean tub.
Cleaning Lime Stains from a Bathtub
Keeping Water Fountains Free of Mineral Deposits
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet
🎉
🎄