Preventing Mineral Deposits in Toilet Flush Tank

Is there a system to place in the flush tank of the toilet to prevent mineral deposits below the water line. I keep scouring it away, but it always returns. How can it be prevented?

Toni Y.

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Best Answer

Kaboom is about useless for some of these mineral deposits, and CLR, which I do use, sometimes won't touch them either. I do have good luck with vinegar and pumice stone, but was cleaning several times a week, and as Toni Y knows, they will just come back, seemingly overnight, so that was a lot of cleaning!

That being said, I recently bought a mineral magnet, out of Home Trends catalog, thinking what did I have to lose... and surprisingly, its been almost a month, and I have yet to see the return of the rings.

From what I see online, Kaboom is a good product, go to their site. See what you think, good luck.

Toilet
Preventing Mineral Deposits in a Toilet
Consumer Advice Product FinderMarch 19, 2010
lace tank topper
Making Toilet Tank/Lid Covers
Shiney faucets and clean tub.
Cleaning Lime Stains from a Bathtub
Keeping Water Fountains Free of Mineral Deposits
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 12:58:24 PM on 10.0.0.57 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.