I got so tired of getting zapped with static electricity every time I touch a light switch. Ouch! So I cut some dryer sheets in quarters and tucked a piece under a corner of each of the light switch covers (they could also be thumb tacked or taped there). Now, I take an extra second to squeeze and rub the sheet between my fingers before hitting the switch. I also tie a strip on each doorknob to touch before touching the metal. Voila! No more shocks! If you don't want to decorate your home with dryer sheets, you can tuck a dryer sheet in your pocket for the same purpose.
By Peggy G from Yulan, NY
Excellent idea - and another great way to reuse those dryer sheets, too!
Thanks for the great idea. I have this problem for some reason in the Spring at the grocery store. I reach for a can or touch the metal shelving and get a static shock. I will carry a sheet in my purse from now on. Thanks again!
Well, I am Happy to say, I found the remedy all are looking to find, if you Douse a Bounce, and I mean " BOUNCE " dryer sheet with warm water, and simply wipe down your Furniture without missing a spot, it solves the problem. if it comes back its not as bad, just repeat the process till its gone forever, thank you very much, and I have a petten # incase someone tries to make money off of this.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!