Static Electricity Remedy

I got so tired of getting zapped with static electricity every time I touch a light switch. Ouch! So I cut some dryer sheets in quarters and tucked a piece under a corner of each of the light switch covers (they could also be thumb tacked or taped there). Now, I take an extra second to squeeze and rub the sheet between my fingers before hitting the switch. I also tie a strip on each doorknob to touch before touching the metal. Voila! No more shocks! If you don't want to decorate your home with dryer sheets, you can tuck a dryer sheet in your pocket for the same purpose.

By Peggy G from Yulan, NY

Excellent idea - and another great way to reuse those dryer sheets, too!

Thanks for the great idea. I have this problem for some reason in the Spring at the grocery store. I reach for a can or touch the metal shelving and get a static shock. I will carry a sheet in my purse from now on. Thanks again!

Well, I am Happy to say, I found the remedy all are looking to find, if you Douse a Bounce, and I mean " BOUNCE " dryer sheet with warm water, and simply wipe down your Furniture without missing a spot, it solves the problem. if it comes back its not as bad, just repeat the process till its gone forever, thank you very much, and I have a petten # incase someone tries to make money off of this.

Static Electricity
Preventing Static Electricity
Better LivingJanuary 6, 2009
Microfiber couch with pillows
Reducing Static Electricity From Microfiber Furniture
foil ball
Alternatives To Dryer Sheets
Remedies for Static Hair
Remedies for Static Hair
Smelly Hands
Remedy for Smelly Hands
🎉
🎄