Doll Plastic Bag Holder

Take an old doll and recycle into a cute plastic bag holder.

Approximate Time: one hour

• doll
  • scrap material
  • 12 inches of elastic
  • one plastic ring or a piece of string or yarn

Instructions:

1. To the doll dress hem, add enough material to make the length from the shoulder of the doll to the new hem twenty-seven inches long. (I do not remove the doll legs.)
  2. Three inches from the bottom hem, add one inch of seam binding. This is where you can really get creative by making your own contrasting binding. Sometimes I put the seam binding on the outside, other times on the inside. Insert the elastic.
  3. To the head of the doll (generally they have a hat), hand sew a round plastic ring or add a piece of yarn to hang the doll.

I have the dolls on several doors in the house. It makes it so easy to always have a plastic bag when you need one.

I have been able to find dolls with themes to give to match my friends hobbies and personalities. We all know the joy in making is as much fun as the giving.

By Tedebear from San Jose, CA

Very creative, nice job!!

Wow! Love these!! Where do the bags go in?

Hi Carol,

Oops! I'm sorry. I insert the bags in the bottom of the bag lady and pull them out of the bottom. They stay in just fine. I have the bag "ladies" in the laundry room, patio room, garage, bathroom and just about anywhere there is an available hook!

Hi, could you please send me the pattern and instruction in my e mail.

Thanks for your attention.

Editor's Note: Gaby, you didn't provide an email address. However all the instructions are on this page. At the top, there is a "print" option which will let you print it right from this webpage. Good Luck!

Making a Plastic Bag Holder
Making a Plastic Bag Holder
Crafts Home DecorMay 29, 2008
Toothbrushes in Holder
Cleaning a Toothbrush Holder
DIY Plastic Bag Dispenser
DIY Plastic Bag Dispenser
Wood Knife Holder
Making a Kitchen Knife Holder
Jeans purse. Making a bootie bag from jeans.
Making a Bootie Bag from Jeans
🎄