Homemade Noodles

I love these noodles. With just a bit of baking powder in them, they puff up just a little, making them tender and delicious.

• 2 cups flour
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 3 eggs, lightly beaten
  • milk, as needed

Directions:

Mix the dry ingredients in a medium size bowl. Make a well in the center and pour in the eggs. Gradually mix the flour in until all of it is well incorporated. If the dough is too dry and crumbles, add some milk a tablespoon at a time. You want it to hold together well, but not be too wet, like pie crust dough. Cover the dough or put it in a large resealable bag and let it rest for 1/2 hour.

Cut the dough in 3 or 4 equal pieces. Work with one ball at a time, keeping the others covered or in the bag. With each one, sprinkle your working surface with a little flour, and dust the rolling pin with flour. Roll each ball out as thin as possible. Set each rolled out circle aside for about 1/2 hour let it dry a little.

When the circles of dough are dry enough that they won't stick together, stack them on top of each other. Roll them up into a fairly tight cylinder. With a sharp knife, slice across the cylinder into whatever width noodles you want. When done, pick up each piece, unroll it, and put each individual noodle on a pasta drying rack, or on a table to dry.

My mother always let the noodles dry out for a few hours. I don't. I let them dry as long as it takes to make the soup or sauce I am using them for.

Cook until tender. The length of time required depends on how thin you rolled the dough. I like them slightly thick, and they take about 15 minutes then.

Any leftovers can be put in a clean paper bag, closed, to store.

Source: My Mother's recipe

By Copasetic 1 from North Royalton, OH

I have lots of noodle recipes, and they're all good, but I just keep adding new ones to try. Yours will be next. We love making noodles, and have a special stick to hang between 2 chair backs. I have frozen them, but I like to make them fresh when I have time. They sure make chicken something to rave about, don't they?

Thank you for sharing your recipe with us.

MisMachado

Do you think it would work to use 1/2 whole wheat flour and half white flour?

Homemade Noodles
Making Homemade Noodles
Food and Recipes Recipes PastasFebruary 21, 2011
Spaghetti Salad
Spaghetti Salad Recipes
Upclose photo of egg noodles.
Homemade Egg Noodles Recipes
Pool Noodles
Uses for Pool Noodles
Chicken and Noodles
Chicken and Noodles Recipes
🎉
🎄