Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Water Puddling Under Crisper Drawers

Refrigerator problem. Water accumulates daily on floor of refrigerator beneath crisper drawers. There is enough each day to have to use a bath towel to remove. What could be causing this?

By njohnson2884 from St. Augustine, FL

By Betty [104]09/12/2009

I had the same problem. The repairman went inside the freezer compartment and a drain was clogged and something was frozen. It was just a minor repair.

By anne [38]09/11/2009

We just got rid of the same problem! My husband removed the back of he refrigerator and cleaned off everything that was visible--a lot of dust and dirt--and we have not had any recurrence of water. So glad we did not have to replace the whole unit, as it is only about 5 years old.

By Mark09/09/2009

It sounds like you have a clogged drain line. Can you see if your drain hose is blocked or kinked? Have you moved the unit recently? This happened to me and I was able to clear the line and have not had any problems since then. Believe it or not, it just drains into a pan under the unit and the fan blows over it evaporating it into the air. Who know. Maybe this link will help you some.

http://www.homerepairforum.com/foru ... /1260-water-bottom-refrigerator.html