Mold Odors on Carpet

How do I remove mold odors from carpeting?

Becky from Danvers, MA

Here's a link to some really good information I found on the subject:

http://www.ag.ndsu.edu/pubs/yf/home/ae1202w.htm

It doesn't look like carpet is something that you can really clean mold from. It should probably be discarded. Sorry I don't have better news to share with you. :/

I read advice from many people on this site and all have interesting ides. I researched some of them, and yes, the only true way to remove serious stains is to replace the carpet. However, if you catch it early and have only a minor infestation. I found a carpet powder that worked for me. It's arm n hammer, so its primary ingredient is baking soda. It also has a pleasent fragrance. I sprinkled it on my carpet, brushed it in with a light duty leaf rake waited 15 mins and then vacuumed. Voila! carpet smells great. Best part is its less than $2 @ Walmart.

Home and Garden Cleaning CarpetNovember 20, 2006
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
Removing Mold from Boat Seats
Removing Mold from Boat Seats
Cleaning Carpet
Removing Vomit Stains from Carpet
🎉
🎄